Обсуждение: Error while using pg_dump

Error while using pg_dump

От
Raghavendra Rao J S V
Дата:
Hi All,

We are facing below error while taking the backup of the database using pg_dump. Could you suggest me how to rectify this?

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: COPY public.aclappliedtopep (id, instance_version, direction, aclname, ifname, owningentityid, protocolendpoint_id, deploypending, authentityid, authentityclass, accesscontrollist_id) TO stdout;

dollar qustion is 1

dbuser name is qovr , dbname is qovr and direcotry is /opt/tempbackups/HCS-SYD3-PCA01-weekly-backup/backup/appcomponent/qovr-db/emms_db_09_05_17_18_46_26.dump

dollar qustion is 0

pg_dump: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly

                before or while processing the request.

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: COPY public.aclappliedtopep (id, instance_version, direction, aclname, ifname, owningentityid, protocolendpoint_id, deploypending, authentityid, authentityclass, accesscontrollist_id) TO stdout;

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "qovr" failed: could not connect to server: Connection refused

                Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting

                TCP/IP connections on port 5433?

pg_dump: error reading large object 69417845: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

pg_dump: could not open large object 59087743: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

Raghavendra Rao J S V
Mobile- 8861161425

Re: Error while using pg_dump

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 20:43, Raghavendra Rao J S V
<raghavendrajsv@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are facing below error while taking the backup of the database using pg_dump. Could you suggest me how to rectify
this?

> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: COPY public.aclappliedtopep (id, instance_version, direction, aclname, ifname,
owningentityid,protocolendpoint_id, deploypending, authentityid, authentityclass, accesscontrollist_id) TO stdout;

> dollar qustion is 1
>
> dbuser name is qovr , dbname is qovr and direcotry is
/opt/tempbackups/HCS-SYD3-PCA01-weekly-backup/backup/appcomponent/qovr-db/emms_db_09_05_17_18_46_26.dump

> dollar qustion is 0
>
> pg_dump: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
>
> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>
>                 This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>
>                 before or while processing the request.
>
> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: COPY public.aclappliedtopep (id, instance_version, direction, aclname, ifname,
owningentityid,protocolendpoint_id, deploypending, authentityid, authentityclass, accesscontrollist_id) TO stdout;

This looks very much like the backend crashed as a result of the COPY.
Can you share which version of PostreSQL you're getting this with? If
not the latest minor version for the release, does it still happen on
the latest?

It would also be good if you could see if you could recreate the crash
with using:

COPY (SELECT * FROM public.aclappliedtopep) TO stdout;

then if you can, try to narrow down if it's crashing because of some
record by either adding a WHERE clause to the SELECT, or perhaps a
LIMIT.  If for example, you can get it to crash with LIMIT 1, can you
send us the psql output of \d public.aclappliedtopep and also some
anonymised version of the row it crashes on? (ensuring it still
crashes once anonymised). You may be able to narrow it down by "binary
searching" through various LIMIT / OFFSET combinations.

Re: Error while using pg_dump

Дата:
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 20:43, Raghavendra Rao J S V
> <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are facing below error while taking the backup of the database using pg_dump. Could you suggest me how to rectify
this?
>> pg_dump: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

> This looks very much like the backend crashed as a result of the COPY.

That's not a message you'd get from a crash.  I'd counsel looking into
the server log for more information about why the postmaster is forcing
session termination.

But yeah, it would be good to know what PG version this is.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Error while using pg_dump

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 4/16/19 12:07 AM, Raghavendra Rao J S V wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are facing below error while taking the backup of the database using
> pg_dump. Could you suggest me how to rectify this?
>

> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: COPY public.aclappliedtopep (id,
> instance_version, direction, aclname, ifname, owningentityid,
> protocolendpoint_id, deploypending, authentityid, authentityclass,
> accesscontrollist_id) TO stdout;
>
> dollar qustion is 1
>
> dbuser name is qovr , dbname is qovr and direcotry is
> /opt/tempbackups/HCS-SYD3-PCA01-weekly-backup/backup/appcomponent/qovr-db/emms_db_09_05_17_18_46_26.dump

I'm trying to figure out the above:

Is this the actual error message or a translated/edited one?

What is the name of the database you are taking the dump from?

Is the *.dump file your output file or is it something being used in the
database?

What is the pg_dump command you are issuing?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com