Обсуждение: installation of postgres 10.6

installation of postgres 10.6

От
Pavan Kumar
Дата:
Hello Experts,

I am very new to postgres database technology and trying to learn Postgres administration  now.

I have couple of questions on installation.

I am trying to install postgres from source code and following below document

here are my question.

1. Which user i need to install postgres (root) or do  i need to create a separate user for postgres?

Kindly advise.

#!  Pavan Kumar
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise

Re: installation of postgres 10.6

От
Pepe TD Vo
Дата:
I am learning myself too, and I was successful to install postgres binary as root and yes you are still needed to create postgres os user to run postgres db as same as oracle and mysql  Make sure all the libraries are downloaded.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

I am very new to postgres database technology and trying to learn Postgres administration  now.

I have couple of questions on installation.

I am trying to install postgres from source code and following below document

here are my question.

1. Which user i need to install postgres (root) or do  i need to create a separate user for postgres?

Kindly advise.

#!  Pavan Kumar
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise

Re: installation of postgres 10.6

От
Ron
Дата:
On 2/11/19 12:37 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I am very new to postgres database technology and trying to learn Postgres
> administration  now.
>
> I have couple of questions on installation.
>
> I am trying to install postgres from source code and following below document
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/install-getsource.html
>
> here are my question.
>
> 1. Which user i need to install postgres (root) or do  i need to create a
> separate user for postgres?
>
> Kindly advise.

If you're this new to Postgres, maybe you should install it from packages.

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/

Re: installation of postgres 10.6

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Go through the below link, hope this will help you.

https://www.tecmint.com/install-postgresql-from-source-code-in-linux/

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

I am very new to postgres database technology and trying to learn Postgres administration  now.

I have couple of questions on installation.

I am trying to install postgres from source code and following below document

here are my question.

1. Which user i need to install postgres (root) or do  i need to create a separate user for postgres?

Kindly advise.

#!  Pavan Kumar
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise

Re: installation of postgres 10.6

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
Pavan Kumar wrote:
> I am very new to postgres database technology and trying to learn Postgres administration  now.
>
> I have couple of questions on installation.
>
> I am trying to install postgres from source code and following below document
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/install-getsource.html
>
> here are my question.
>
> 1. Which user i need to install postgres (root) or do  i need to create a separate user for postgres?

You configure and build PostgreSQL as a normal user, not "root".

Only fir the final step (make install) you will need "root" permissions,
if you install the software in /usr or /opt or somewhere else where
only root can write.

You will need another user (traditionally called "postgres") to own
the database files and processes, but that comes after building and
installation.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe