Обсуждение: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

[DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

От
sabrina.iqbal@target.com
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html

Wondering why PostgreSQL still uses the terms master and slave when there
are other terms like primary/secondary that can be used in the same manner.

Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2017-07-31 21:13:48 +0000, sabrina.iqbal@target.com wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html
>
> Wondering why PostgreSQL still uses the terms master and slave when there
> are other terms like primary/secondary that can be used in the same manner.

Yea, I think we should be more careful from now on. I think several
people already try, but it's not been a concerted effort so far.  I'm
not convinced it's a good idea to change old release notes though.

- Andres

Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

От
Simon Riggs