Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 8/1/17 13:33, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2017-07-31 21:13:48 +0000, sabrina.iqbal@target.com wrote:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html
>>
>> Wondering why PostgreSQL still uses the terms master and slave when there
>> are other terms like primary/secondary that can be used in the same manner.
>
> Yea, I think we should be more careful from now on. I think several
> people already try, but it's not been a concerted effort so far.

Here is a patch to remove remaining uses of "slave" in replication contexts.

Remaining uses are in the Tcl API, which we can't do anything about, and
in a plpgsql test, where it is used for foreign key relationships.  (I'm
not sure what the use in the dblink test that I patched was meant for,
so I just removed it.)  Old release notes are not touched.

Вложения