Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 08/01/2017 12:41 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 31 July 2017 at 22:13,  <sabrina.iqbal@target.com> wrote:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html
>>
>> Wondering why PostgreSQL still uses the terms master and slave when there
>> are other terms like primary/secondary that can be used in the same manner.
>
> Do you think primary/secondary is more descriptive?

I don't, especially when you take into account cascading replication. If
we are going to change these terms we may want to look at the old slony
(and new logical replication) terms such as Origin and Subscriber.

Thanks,

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave