Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

[ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

От
Ashwani Kumar B

Hi

I have to import table structure from one DB  and create the same table structure in another DB.

Secondly I have to copy all the data from one DB to another DB

Kindly suggest way forward.

Regards

Ashwani

Re: [ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

От
Om Prakash Jaiswal
Дата:
Dear Aswin,
you have to create table at receiving end and use dblink() function of postgresql.

Regards
Om Prakash

I have to import table structure from one DB  and create the same table structure in another DB.

Secondly I have to copy all the data from one DB to another DB

Kindly suggest way forward.

Regards
Ashwani

Re: [ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

От
Ashwani Kumar B

How do I get table structure query so that I can create the same on other DB

On 2017-07-19 07:55, Ashwani Kumar B wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have to import table structure from one DB  and create the same
> table structure in another DB.
>
> Secondly I have to copy all the data from one DB to another DB
>
> Kindly suggest way forward.
>
> Regards
>
> Ashwani

If both databases are PostgreSQL then you can just use pg_dump.

If the databases are of different brands then you may need special tool,
there are many conversion tools available, but not all free or
inexpensive.

Re: [ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

От
Ashwani Kumar B
Дата:
Hi vinny

Please give me syntax for PG_Dump

Regards
Ashwani

On 2017-07-19 07:55, Ashwani Kumar B wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have to import table structure from one DB  and create the same
> table structure in another DB.
>
> Secondly I have to copy all the data from one DB to another DB
>
> Kindly suggest way forward.
>
> Regards
>
> Ashwani

If both databases are PostgreSQL then you can just use pg_dump.

If the databases are of different brands then you may need special tool, there are many conversion tools available, but
notall free or inexpensive.

Re: [ADMIN] Import & Export DB table structure with data

От
Luan Huynh
Дата:
Please take a look at: pg_dump , pg_restore

For example:

pg_dump  -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres  --format custom --no-password  --encoding UTF8  --no-security-labels --no-tablespaces  --verbose --table=public.sstb_account --file sstb_account.backup --schema public postgres

pg_restore  -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres --dbname=new_database --role=postgres  --format custom --no-tablespaces --schema=public --verbose sstb_account.backup