Обсуждение: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

[HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Maybe I am missing something, but I could not find any description
that logical replication does not support large objects and TRUNCATE
in the doc.  Do we want to add them to the doc as the restrictions of
the logical replication?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Aleksander Alekseev
Дата:
Hi Tatsuo,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 04:00:56PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Maybe I am missing something, but I could not find any description
> that logical replication does not support large objects and TRUNCATE
> in the doc.  Do we want to add them to the doc as the restrictions of
> the logical replication?

I knew about TRUNCATE and it most definitely should be documented if
it's not yet. And what about large objects?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Euler Taveira
Дата:
Maybe I am missing something, but I could not find any description
that logical replication does not support large objects and TRUNCATE
in the doc.  Do we want to add them to the doc as the restrictions of
the logical replication?

Docs stated "Publications can choose to limit the changes they produce to any combination of INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE". It is clear that only those DMLs are supported. However, we should mention that large objects are not supported.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/16/17 03:00, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Maybe I am missing something, but I could not find any description
> that logical replication does not support large objects and TRUNCATE
> in the doc.  Do we want to add them to the doc as the restrictions of
> the logical replication?

Some of that information was sprinkled around, but I have now added a
new section that collects them all in one place.  (section 31.4)

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> On 6/16/17 03:00, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Maybe I am missing something, but I could not find any description
>> that logical replication does not support large objects and TRUNCATE
>> in the doc.  Do we want to add them to the doc as the restrictions of
>> the logical replication?
>
> Some of that information was sprinkled around, but I have now added a
> new section that collects them all in one place.  (section 31.4)

Great. Thanks!
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Docs stated "Publications can choose to limit the changes they produce to
> any combination of INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE". It is clear that only those
> DMLs are supported.

What about COPY?

> However, we should mention that large objects are not
> supported.

Right.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Euler Taveira
Дата:

Some of that information was sprinkled around, but I have now added a
new section that collects them all in one place.  (section 31.4)

Shouldn't we mention that COPY is supported?

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
>> Some of that information was sprinkled around, but I have now added a
>> new section that collects them all in one place.  (section 31.4)
>

> Shouldn't we mention that COPY is supported?

I think any commands that are not mentioned in the section are
considered to be supported.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] Restrictions of logical replication

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/16/17 10:59, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Docs stated "Publications can choose to limit the changes they produce to
>> any combination of INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE". It is clear that only those
>> DMLs are supported.
>
> What about COPY?

Sure, added note about that as well.