Обсуждение: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

[DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

От
Christophe Courtois
Дата:
Hi,

I've found out that the example in intagg.sgml is wrongly named: the
one-to-many table is a many-to-many.

And my colleague Thibaut Madeleine has seen that the "CREATE TABLE
right" and "CREATE TABLE left" examples cannot compile due to the
reserved words.

I propose the attached patch to fix that.

Yours,

--
Christophe Courtois
Consultant Dalibo

Re: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

Дата:
Christophe Courtois <christophe.courtois@dalibo.com> writes:
> I've found out that the example in intagg.sgml is wrongly named: the
> one-to-many table is a many-to-many.

Well, it'd depend on how it was used.  The example clearly intends that
it be one-to-many, and I'm not sure it still makes sense without that
restriction.  Maybe better to add a unique constraint on
one_to_many(left)?

> And my colleague Thibaut Madeleine has seen that the "CREATE TABLE
> right" and "CREATE TABLE left" examples cannot compile due to the
> reserved words.

Ouch.  Shows you how old this module is :-(

> I propose the attached patch to fix that.

Um, the attached file seems empty from here.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

От
Christophe Courtois
Дата:
Le 21/04/2017 à 17:45, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Christophe Courtois <christophe.courtois@dalibo.com> writes:
>> I've found out that the example in intagg.sgml is wrongly named: the
>> one-to-many table is a many-to-many.
> Well, it'd depend on how it was used.  The example clearly intends that
> it be one-to-many, and I'm not sure it still makes sense without that
> restriction.  Maybe better to add a unique constraint on
> one_to_many(left)?

Perhaps the whole example can be simplified to get rid of the "left"
table, but I didn't intend to rewrite it.

>> And my colleague Thibaut Madeleine has seen that the "CREATE TABLE
>> right" and "CREATE TABLE left" examples cannot compile due to the
>> reserved words.
> Ouch.  Shows you how old this module is :-(

Indeed.

>> I propose the attached patch to fix that.
> Um, the attached file seems empty from here.

Ooops, sorry. It is attached.

--
Christophe Courtois
Consultant Dalibo
http://dalibo.com/  -  http://dalibo.org/

Вложения

Re: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

Дата:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 06:07:13PM +0200, Christophe Courtois wrote:
> Le 21/04/2017 à 17:45, Tom Lane a écrit :
> > Christophe Courtois <christophe.courtois@dalibo.com> writes:
> >> I've found out that the example in intagg.sgml is wrongly named: the
> >> one-to-many table is a many-to-many.
> > Well, it'd depend on how it was used.  The example clearly intends that
> > it be one-to-many, and I'm not sure it still makes sense without that
> > restriction.  Maybe better to add a unique constraint on
> > one_to_many(left)?
>
> Perhaps the whole example can be simplified to get rid of the "left"
> table, but I didn't intend to rewrite it.
>
> >> And my colleague Thibaut Madeleine has seen that the "CREATE TABLE
> >> right" and "CREATE TABLE left" examples cannot compile due to the
> >> reserved words.
> > Ouch.  Shows you how old this module is :-(
>
> Indeed.
>
> >> I propose the attached patch to fix that.
> > Um, the attached file seems empty from here.
>
> Ooops, sorry. It is attached.

I like this six year old patch so would like to apply it to master,
attached.

Re: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 22:27 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I like this six year old patch so would like to apply it to master,
> attached.

+1, since it is arguably a bug fix.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [DOCS] intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

Дата:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 10:19:57AM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 22:27 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I like this six year old patch so would like to apply it to master,
> > attached.
>
> +1, since it is arguably a bug fix.

Patch applied to master.