Обсуждение: [GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

[GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
Where might I find yum repos PostgreSQL 9.6 on CentOS 5 (i386 & x86_64)?

RHEL/CentOS 5 is still in production with extended support through 2020 but seems to be dropped from the 9.6 PGDG repos.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: [GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 3/17/2017 11:07 AM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> Where might I find yum repos PostgreSQL 9.6 on CentOS 5 (i386 & x86_64)?
>
> RHEL/CentOS 5 is still in production with extended support through
> 2020 but seems to be dropped from the 9.6 PGDG repos.

CentOS 5 will be completely dropped in 2-3 weeks, I believe. The last
CentOS 5 Update 11 release was in 2014.      Extended support applies
only to RHEL, and costs significant money per server.     You might
contact the yum.postgresql.org repository manager's employer,
EnterpriseDB, and see if they'd be willing to extend support for RHEL 6
and PG 9.6 under contract.

Re: [GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

От
Steve Crawford

Where might I find yum repos PostgreSQL 9.6 on CentOS 5 (i386 & x86_64)?

RHEL/CentOS 5 is still in production with extended support through 2020 but seems to be dropped from the 9.6 PGDG repos.

CentOS 5 will be completely dropped in 2-3 weeks, I believe. The last CentOS 5 Update 11 release was in 2014.      Extended support applies only to RHEL, and costs significant money per server.     You might contact the yum.postgresql.org repository manager's employer, EnterpriseDB, and see if they'd be willing to extend support for RHEL 6 and PG 9.6 under contract.

I'm aware of all those dates. Also that 9.6 has been out for six-months, and that RHEL/CentOS 5 are listed among the currently supported versions at https://yum.postgresql.org/.

The question remains - does anyone know where I might find packages so I don't have to compile them myself?

Cheers,
Steve

Re: [GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Steve Crawford schrieb am 17.03.2017 um 20:15:
> I'm aware of all those dates. Also that 9.6 has been out for
> six-months, and that RHEL/CentOS 5 are listed among the currently
> supported versions at https://yum.postgresql.org/.
>
> The question remains - does anyone know where I might find packages so I don't have to compile them myself?

You can download the binaries (no RPM) from here:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgbindownload

Or an installer:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

Re: [GENERAL] CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6