Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Can I create multiple schema for one user

[ADMIN] Can I create multiple schema for one user

От
Sunil Vasanta

Hi All,

I have a question,

I want application to access multiple scheme based on call context but only one user is created for application and application should access different schema using same user privilege and credentials.

is this possible in Postgres. Plz share u thoughts.

If possible then how to configure search path.

Thanks,
Sunny

Re: [ADMIN] Can I create multiple schema for one user

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Sunil Vasanta wrote:
> I want application to access multiple scheme based on call context but only one user is created for
> application and application should access different schema using same user privilege and credentials.
>
> is this possible in Postgres. Plz share u thoughts.
>
> If possible then how to configure search path.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Just issue
   SET serach_path = <whatever>
after you have determined the context.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [ADMIN] Can I create multiple schema for one user

От
stevenchang1213
Дата:
hello,

    Grant usage on schema xxx to user;
    Grant create on schema xxx to user;
    Grant "object level privilege" on xxx.object to user;
    or
set up default privilege on schema object to role, and grant the role to user

u need to study the relations anong role,user and schema. Or I don't think u can figure it out.

從我的 Samsung Galaxy 智慧型手機傳送。

主旨: [ADMIN] Can I create multiple schema for one user