Обсуждение: pgadmin III and future support

pgadmin III and future support

От
Дмитрий Воронин
Дата:
Hello, Dave and pgadmin team!

I would like to present my fork of pgadmin3.

What's new:

1. Support PostgreSQL 9.6
2. Showing Access Methods (can't be edittable in SQL)
3. Showing and editing RLS policy objects
4. Functional for editing Index options in Index's editing dialog

My fork located at: https://github.com/dimv36/pgadmin3 (branch master)

Any comments, improvements are welcome!

I wanted to ask the consent of the community in the development of independent pgadmin III.
Some days ago, it was idea to create one place for patches for pgadmin 3, but I didn't see any
answers about it.

As for me, we can't use modern pgadmin 4 in our project for some reasons.

Thank you.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin

Re: pgadmin III and future support

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 09:32:17PM +0300, Дмитрий Воронин wrote:
> Hello, Dave and pgadmin team!
>
> I would like to present my fork of pgadmin3.

Thanks for this Dimitry!

Much needed.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en
vertroulikheidvan hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgadmin III and future support

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Дмитрий Воронин
<carriingfate92@yandex.ru> wrote:

> I wanted to ask the consent of the community in the development of independent pgadmin III.
> Some days ago, it was idea to create one place for patches for pgadmin 3, but I didn't see any
> answers about it.

You are free to fork the project per the terms of the licence, but we
won't support it through these channels as we're focussed on continued
development and improvement of pgAdmin 4 now.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin III and future support

От
anton
Дата:
Thanks for the fork,

a good alternative to the actual pgadmin4 (which is beautiful but not
very usable, too much time spent in "looking nice")

Anton