Обсуждение: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Archana K N

Hello,

       I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
"Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?  "
--
-------------------
regards

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Hartmut Holzgraefe
Дата:
On 04/30/2012 10:30 AM, Archana K N wrote:
> Hello,
>
>        I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
> "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
> connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the server
> running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
> 5432?  "

there's most likely a firewall in between that drops packages ...

--
hartmut

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Narongdetch Jongjit
Дата:
Dear Archana,

Sorry! Why did you ask me?

Best Regards,
Narongdetch Jongjit

       I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
"Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?  "
--
-------------------
regards
archana
--------------------

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
"Dimitris Sakellarios"

Dear Archana hi,

Follow below:

Step0

Make sure you have no firewall between you (php server root ip) and the server that blocks requests.

If this is OK then:

Step1

Inside postgresql.conf make sure you have set the listen IP and listen port of your server and this will be the port you connect with php pg_connect

Step2

Inside pg_hda.conf configure the hosts you will allow connection either as trusted or md5

Typically bellow will allow all to connect

hostnossl    all         all         0.0.0.0/0          trust

Below will allow all to connect using username and password (but before have the first rule enabled to create remotely the users)

hostnossl    all         all         0.0.0.0/0          md5

Step3    restart Pgsql server to grand the new setting.

BR,

Sakellarios Dimitris

Telesuite ltd Telecommunication and Internet Services

Address : T. Sofouli 14, Post Code 16344, Ilioupoli - Athens, Greece

T.: +30 211 760 1300 F.: +30 211 176 9999 M.: +30 6982 550 850 e-mail: dimitris.sakellarios@telesuite.gr  url: http://www.telesuite.gr

       I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
"Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?  "
--
-------------------
regards
archana
--------------------

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Sven Marcel Buchholz
Дата:
On 30.04.12 10:30, Archana K N wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote
> computer.
> "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could
> not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the
> server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections
> on port 5432?  "
> --
> -------------------
> regards
> archana
> --------------------
Hello,

did your DB-Server accept connections via TCP/IP, can you connect via psql?

regards
Sven

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 30/04/2012 09:30, Archana K N wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
> "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could
> not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the
> server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
> port 5432?  "

Things to check:

- Is Postgres actually running on the server machine?

- Is it accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? - Check
listen_addresses in postgresql.conf

- Is there a firewall somewhere between client and server?

- Can you connect manually to the server using psql?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Archana K N

Hello,

 I can connect to the other computer using web browser and also can access postgres.

--
-------------------
regards

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 30/04/2012 11:01, Archana K N wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I can connect to the other computer using web browser and also can
> access postgres.

How exactly are you access Postgres? - psql, pgAdmin, or some other means?

Also, a *lot* more detail would help.... operating systems, Postgres
version, PHP version, whether you're connection on a LAN or over the
Internet, etc etc etc.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
"Dimitris Sakellarios"

Dear archana,

Is the PHP script you are running on a remote server other than the one running Pgsql?

If so, have you got rights to access Pgsql server remotely? Or you are allowed only from a web browser using phpmyadmin?

Are you the admin of Pgsql server?

---------

Did you try pgAdmin3 as a standalone client to connect from your pc?

Please provide some topology design.

Sakellarios Dimitris

Telesuite ltd Telecommunication and Internet Services

Address : T. Sofouli 14, Post Code 16344, Ilioupoli - Athens, Greece

T.: +30 211 760 1300 F.: +30 211 176 9999 M.: +30 6982 550 850 e-mail: dimitris.sakellarios@telesuite.gr  url: http://www.telesuite.gr

 I can connect to the other computer using web browser and also can access postgres.

--
-------------------
regards
archana
--------------------

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
"Dimitris Sakellarios"

If you are admin of Pgsql server pls provide

pg_hda.conf

postgresql.conf

maybe the configuration of your server doesn’t allow connection other that local host.

Sakellarios Dimitris

Telesuite ltd Telecommunication and Internet Services

Address : T. Sofouli 14, Post Code 16344, Ilioupoli - Athens, Greece

T.: +30 211 760 1300 F.: +30 211 176 9999 M.: +30 6982 550 850 e-mail: dimitris.sakellarios@telesuite.gr  url: http://www.telesuite.gr

 I can connect to the other computer using web browser and also can access postgres.

--
-------------------
regards
archana
--------------------

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 30/04/2012 11:15, Archana K N wrote:

> I am using dreamweaver for creating web pages and requires php for
> connecting to server computerand database . Am also using pgadmin but
> can connect using that.
>
> Postgresql version-  9.
> Operating System- windows XP
> php version-5.2
> apache - 2.2
> and am using LAN

Hi Arachna,

[Please keep replies on-list; reply-all should do the job. Thanks!]

Is it possible that your Postgres server is listening on a different
port? If you can, could you post your postgresql.conf?

Also, are you maybe using a firewall locally on your Windows machine
which is blocking PHP?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

От
"Dimitris Sakellarios"

When you changed the 2 files did you restart the Pgsql server? If not do it.

Where is the pgadmin3 installed on the same computer running the Pgsql server or on a remote computer?

If it is on the same server default behaviour of Pgsql server is to allow connection from the same server (local host) but if it is remotely then either you will need to update the 2 files we mentioned earlier correctly.

Let me know.