Обсуждение: Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

От
"Mark Hellegers"
Дата:
Hello,

I compiled the Postgresql ODBC driver (psqlodbc-09.03.0400) on Haiku
(see http://www.haiku-os.org) and I ran into a few small problems that
I hope you can fix.
The first one is that configure does not recognize Haiku. I had a quick
look at how BeOS (of which Haiku is an open source reimplementation)
was configured and copied that. According to the error I got when it
didn't recognize Haiku you can download newer versions of config.guess
at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config (it contains a readme that directs
you to a git repository). If that is not possible I can tell you which
changes to make to let it configure under Haiku.

The second problem was when running the SQLCOLATTRIBUTE_SQLLEN check
(from configure.ac). There seems to be a an extra ">" character after
"include <sql.h>" which causes the check to always fail. However, I
compiled with iodbc support and that uses SQLLEN in SQLColAttribute. I
fixed it by removing the extra ">" and ran autoconf again. After that
it compiles without problems. Can you fix that in your configure.ac as
well?

Kind regards,

Mark Hellegers

--
Spangalese for beginners

`Halley mak ranfuer.'
`Your infant has swallowed my grenade.'

Re: Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Mark Hellegers <mark@firedisk.net> wrote:
> The second problem was when running the SQLCOLATTRIBUTE_SQLLEN check
> (from configure.ac). There seems to be a an extra ">" character after
> "include <sql.h>" which causes the check to always fail. However, I
> compiled with iodbc support and that uses SQLLEN in SQLColAttribute. I
> fixed it by removing the extra ">" and ran autoconf again. After that
> it compiles without problems. Can you fix that in your configure.ac as
> well?

Indeed. This one should be fixed.
--
Michael

Re: Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

От
"Mark Hellegers"
Дата:
[snip problem of Haiku not being recognized]

> The config.guess and config.sub files, nor the configure script, are
> not
> actually in the git repository. They get added when you run "autoconf
> -i".
>
> I'm not sure what version of autoconf we use when building the
> tarballs,
> but I think those changes you need are not in the latest released
> version, 2.69, yet. I don't think we're going to start using anything
> more cutting edge than that for the official releases. So I think
> you'll
> just have to replace those files yourself when you build.

I have the source for version 2.63 and that one recognizes Haiku.
The files in the config subdirectory from the source of the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver contain
a copyright of 2003. It looks like they do not get updated when you do
a new release.

[snip SQLCOLATTRIBUTE_SQLLEN  problem]

> Fixed that, thanks!

Thanks for committing it.

Kind regards,

Mark Hellegers

--
Spangalese for beginners

`Saddam pez kamel.'
`The Librarian's head has popped off.'

Re: Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 06/27/2015 02:04 PM, Mark Hellegers wrote:
>> The config.guess and config.sub files, nor the configure script, are
>> not
>> actually in the git repository. They get added when you run "autoconf
>> -i".
>>
>> I'm not sure what version of autoconf we use when building the
>> tarballs,
>> but I think those changes you need are not in the latest released
>> version, 2.69, yet. I don't think we're going to start using anything
>> more cutting edge than that for the official releases. So I think
>> you'll
>> just have to replace those files yourself when you build.
>
> I have the source for version 2.63 and that one recognizes Haiku.
> The files in the config subdirectory from the source of the PostgreSQL
> ODBC driver contain
> a copyright of 2003. It looks like they do not get updated when you do
> a new release.

Ah, I see. I was looking at my own copy of autoconf, instead of the one
that we actually ship with.

Yeah, it would make sense to upgrade to the latest version of autoconf
in the build system used to prepare the official tarballs. I have no
part in that, unfortunately, so I can't help with that. Inoue-san,
Saito-san?
- Heikki

Re: Compiling on Haiku with iODBC

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:52 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 06/27/2015 02:04 PM, Mark Hellegers wrote:
>>>
>>> The config.guess and config.sub files, nor the configure script, are
>>> not
>>> actually in the git repository. They get added when you run "autoconf
>>> -i".
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what version of autoconf we use when building the
>>> tarballs,
>>> but I think those changes you need are not in the latest released
>>> version, 2.69, yet. I don't think we're going to start using anything
>>> more cutting edge than that for the official releases. So I think
>>> you'll
>>> just have to replace those files yourself when you build.
>>

>> I have the source for version 2.63 and that one recognizes Haiku.
>> The files in the config subdirectory from the source of the PostgreSQL
>> ODBC driver contain
>> a copyright of 2003. It looks like they do not get updated when you do
>> a new release.
>

> Ah, I see. I was looking at my own copy of autoconf, instead of the one that
> we actually ship with.
>
> Yeah, it would make sense to upgrade to the latest version of autoconf in
> the build system used to prepare the official tarballs. I have no part in
> that, unfortunately, so I can't help with that. Inoue-san, Saito-san?

Note to Saito-san and Inoue-san: could you explain how a release is
done, please? Adding some notes in the docs of the code tree would be
useful as well, and I don't mind writing a patch once the release flow
is clearly defined.
--
Michael