Обсуждение: Postgress, report opening multiple connections

Postgress, report opening multiple connections

От
Barry Bell

I have a report with a table and child tables. (BIRT)
The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but does not close it after dataset execution.
(This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)

Is it possible to force the closing of the transaction in the end of dataset execution?
The report crash after a while (too much IDLE transactions)

Any ideas?

Re: Postgress, report opening multiple connections

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/14/2014 09:31 AM, Barry Bell wrote:
> I have a report with a table and child tables. (BIRT)

I am going to guess that BIRT means:

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/about/

If that is the case, the native method of connection is through JDBC and
to use ODBC you have to use a JDBC --> ODBC connector, correct?

> The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but
> does not close it after dataset execution.
> (This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)

Are you using the same method of connection?
In other words are using ODBC or JDBC for the respective connections?

> Is it possible to force the closing of the transaction in the end of
> dataset execution?

Not sure the psqlodbc would know what the end of the dataset execution
is. This would seem to be something that would need to come from the
framework(BIRT).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Postgress, report opening multiple connections

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/14/2014 12:44 PM, Barry Bell wrote:
> We have BIRT report with multiple Queries inside the report.
> Each Qurery inside the BIRT report is creating a different connection.
> Any Ideas how to fix this? (Report may have upto 100 queries)

Not without more information. Please look at my previous post for
questions, the answers to which may help with this issue.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Postgress, report opening multiple connections

От
Barry Bell
Дата:
We have BIRT report with multiple Queries inside the report.
Each Qurery inside the BIRT report is creating a different connection.
Any Ideas how to fix this? (Report may have upto 100 queries)

Barry Bell
Senior Developer/Analyst
Logistics
Harte Hanks
1525 NW 3rd ST
Deerfield Beach FL, 33442
954-429-3771 Ext 267 office
954-281-1464 fax

hartehanks.com / linkedin / twitter / facebook

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com