Обсуждение: Connction string lacks some options

Connction string lacks some options

От
matevzm
Дата:
I am having trouble making DSN for psqlodbcw.so driver.

When I try to test it with iodbctest I get error (I can connect openlink
drivers but I cannot use them because they do not support mxODBC):

Driver Manager: 03.52.0709.0909

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?

DSN                              | Driver
DSNana                           | psqlDriver
DSNopen                          | OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0
DSNopen2                         | OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode)
v6.0

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSNana
1: SQLDriverConnect = connction string lacks some options (202)
SQLSTATE=08001

Have a nice day.

---------

*ODBC.ini*

[ODBC Data Sources]
DSNana  = psqlDriver
DSNopen = OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0
DSNopen2 = OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode) v6.0

[DSNana]
Driver     = /Library/PostgreSQL/psqlODBC/lib/psqlodbcw.so
ServerName = localhost
Database   = ANA
UserName   = matevzmrak
Port       = 5432

[DSNopen]
Driver     = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lt.so
ServerName = localhost
Port       = 5432
Database   = ANA
Username   = matevzmrak
Debug      = 1

[DSNopen2]
Driver     = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver (Unicode)
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lu.so
ServerName = localhost
Port       = 5432
Database   = ANA
Username   = matevzmrak
Debug      = 1

*ODBCINST.ini*

[ODBC Drivers]
psqlDriver                                     = Installed
OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0           = Installed
OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode) v6.0 = Installed

[psqlDriver]
Driver = /Library/PostgreSQL/psqlODBC/lib/psqlodbcw.so

[OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lt.so
Setup  = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver v6.0

[OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode) v6.0]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver (Unicode)
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lu.so
Setup  = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver (Unicode)
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver (Unicode)
v6.0

*Specs:*

Postgres server: Postgres app 9.3.4.2 (http://postgresapp.com/)
ODBC manager: iODBC Data Source Manager (OpenLink)
ODBC driver: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/ (latest) -
psqlodbc-09.03.0300.tar.gz
OSX version: 10.9.3
UCS: UCS2
Eclipse: Eclipse Standard/SDK - Kepler Service Release - Build id:
20140224-0627
Python: 2.7.6 - 64bit
mxBase version: egenix-mx-base-3.2.7-py2.7_ucs2-macosx-10.5-x86_64-prebuilt
mxODBC version: egenix-mxodbc-3.1.2.macosx-10.5-x86_64-py2.7_ucs2.prebuilt

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards, Matevz

Re: Connction string lacks some options

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/03/2014 07:03 AM, matevzm wrote:
> I am having trouble making DSN for psqlodbcw.so driver.
>
> When I try to test it with iodbctest I get error (I can connect openlink
> drivers but I cannot use them because they do not support mxODBC):
>
> Driver Manager: 03.52.0709.0909
>
> Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?
>
> DSN                              | Driver
> DSNana                           | psqlDriver
> DSNopen                          | OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0
> DSNopen2                         | OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode)
> v6.0
>
> Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSNana
> 1: SQLDriverConnect = connction string lacks some options (202)
> SQLSTATE=08001

A common template for Postgres seems to be:

http://www.unixodbc.org/odbcinst.html

[PostgreSQL]
Description         = Test to Postgres
Driver              = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Trace               = Yes
TraceFile           = sql.log
Database            = nick
Servername          = localhost
UserName            =
Password            =
Port                = 5432
Protocol            = 6.4
ReadOnly            = No
RowVersioning       = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

Given you are on Postgres 9.3 you could use Protocol 7.4.
See if the above supplies the needed options.

> Postgres server: Postgres app 9.3.4.2 (http://postgresapp.com/)
> ODBC manager: iODBC Data Source Manager (OpenLink)
> ODBC driver: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/ (latest) -
> psqlodbc-09.03.0300.tar.gz
> OSX version: 10.9.3
> UCS: UCS2
> Eclipse: Eclipse Standard/SDK - Kepler Service Release - Build id:
> 20140224-0627
> Python: 2.7.6 - 64bit
> mxBase version: egenix-mx-base-3.2.7-py2.7_ucs2-macosx-10.5-x86_64-prebuilt
> mxODBC version: egenix-mxodbc-3.1.2.macosx-10.5-x86_64-py2.7_ucs2.prebuilt
>
> Thank you for your answers.
>
> Best regards, Matevz

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connction string lacks some options

От
TallTed
Дата:
* On Jul 03, 2014 at 10:03am, matevzm wrote:
> (I can connect openlink drivers but I cannot use them because
> they do not support mxODBC)

I don't know why you think the OpenLink drivers (from my employer)
don't support mxODBC.

I can find no record of a support request from you, nor any other
that indicated mxODBC didn't work with these drivers.

Given your output provided earlier, I do see that you're not using
the latest driver and driver manager builds, which are strongly
recommended for use on Mavericks.

You'll need to update the driver and iODBC driver manager first
(the same build supports Leopard and later) --

   http://bit.ly/1t6NK1z

-- and then the OpenLink License Manager (only needed for Mountain
Lion and Mavericks) --

   http://bit.ly/1j3padI

The second installer should automatically move any previously active
license files from --

   "/Library/Application Support/openlink/bin/*.lic"

-- to --

   "/Library/Application Support/openlink/Licenses/*.lic"

-- but some users have reported otherwise, so you may need to do
this relocation yourself, in Terminal.app --

   cd "/Library/Application Support/openlink/Licenses"
   sudo mv ../bin/*.lic .

Please let me know if the updates get mxODBC working for you.

If not -- we would like to help, whether that's in correcting
your configuration, or in finding a bug in any involved component,
and patching same if it's in ours.

Please, open a confidential Support Case --

   http://support.openlinksw.com/support/online-support.vsp

-- or post to the public OpenLink Support Forums --

   http://boards.openlinksw.com/support/index.php

I hope this is helpful!

TallTed

Re: Connction string lacks some options

От
matevzm
Дата:
Now I am using settings:

/[ODBC Data Sources]
DSNana  = psqlDriver
DSNopen = OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver v6.0
DSNopen2 = OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite Driver (Unicode) v6.0

[DSNana]
Description         = DSNana
Driver              = /Library/PostgreSQL/psqlODBC/lib/psqlodbcw.so
Trace               = No
TraceFile           =
Database            = ANA
Servername          = localhost
UserName            = matevzmrak
Password            =
Port                = 5432
Protocol            = 7.4
ReadOnly            = No
RowVersioning       = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

[DSNopen]
Driver     = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lt.so
ServerName = localhost
Port       = 5432
Database   = ANA
Username   = matevzmrak
Debug      = 1

[DSNopen2]
Driver     = /Library/ODBC/OpenLink PostgreSQL Lite ODBC Driver (Unicode)
v6.0.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pgr7_mt_lu.so
ServerName = localhost
Port       = 5432
Database   = ANA
Username   = matevzmrak
Debug      = 1/

and I can connect with DSNopen, but not with DSNana with psqlodbcw driver to
the same server... Any ideas?

Best regards, Matevz