Обсуждение: Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

От
"Ronald Schmidt"
Дата:
I am new to PostgreSQL but have gotten to the point where I have postmaster running as a service on Windows 2000 and can connect to the server by typing 'psql mydb'.  I cannot however get a Perl/DBI connection to my database.  I have tried both DBD::Pg with ActiveState Perl 5.6.1 and DBD::PgPP with ActiveState Perl 5.8.0.  I installed PostgreSQL 7.3.1 with cygwin.  The error messages I get with each type of connection are listed below:

(Perl 5.6.1 and DBD::Pg)
DBI->connect(dbname=mydb) failed: could not create socket: An address incompat
 at x.pl line 5equested protocol was used.
could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was
 at x.pl line 5.

(Perl 5.8.0 and DBD::PgPP)
DBI->connect(dbname=mydb) failed: Couldn't connect to /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432:  at
c:/perl58/site/lib/DBD/PgPP.pm line 124
 at x.pl line 5
I am really more interested in getting the connection to work with Perl 5.6.1 but have verified that /tmp/.s.PGSQL5432 exists and seems to have the right permissions.

Ronald Schmidt

Re: Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

От
"Reshat Sabiq"

I don’t know a lot myself, but postmaster should be running, and you may need to play with:

postgres.conf

pg_hba.conf

pg_ident.conf

Sincerely,
r.

[...]

Дата:
As my original email stated, I have postmaster running as a service.  I have looked at all three of the files you mentioned and do not understand why their default configurations would interfere with connections from Perl DBI/DBD.

Ronald Schmidt

[...]

Andrew McMillan
Дата:
On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 03:24, Ronald Schmidt wrote:
> As my original email stated, I have postmaster running as a service.
> I have looked at all three of the files you mentioned and do not
> understand why their default configurations would interfere with
> connections from Perl DBI/DBD.

pg_hba.conf defines the limitations to access and authenticate with the
database - that's the most likely of the three to need editing in your
case.

I've never used the Windows version so I don't know if it supports local
socket access, but for TCP access you need to ensure you are running
PostgreSQL with the -i switch.

Is there a Windows equivalent to "netstat"?  You might check to see
whether the DB is listening.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/

Re: Finding Postgres Version????

От
Jonathon Batson
Дата:
Hi...

Does anyone know the command to find the current version # of Postgres??

Thanks

Re: Finding Postgres Version????

От
"Reshat Sabiq"
Дата:
Does anyone know the command to find the current version # of Postgres??
-------
postgres -V

Sincerely,
r.

Re: Finding Postgres Version????

От
Andrew McMillan
Дата:
On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 14:08, Jonathon Batson wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Does anyone know the command to find the current version # of Postgres??

andrew@kant ~ $ psql template1

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

template1=# select version();

version
 PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on i386-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
20030109 (Debian prerelease)
(1 row)

template1=#

Regards,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/

Re: Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

От
"Ronald Schmidt"
Дата:
I found the solution on Google groups:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=000c01c2
6356%24d9ad5d70%240100a8c0%40uz2.ca&rnum=19&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DDBD::pg%2Bcyg
win%2BPostgreSQL%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26start%3D10%26
sa%3DN

> On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 03:24, Ronald Schmidt wrote:
> > As my original email stated, I have postmaster running as a service.
> > I have looked at all three of the files you mentioned and do not
> > understand why their default configurations would interfere with
> > connections from Perl DBI/DBD.
>
> pg_hba.conf defines the limitations to access and authenticate with the
> database - that's the most likely of the three to need editing in your
> case.
>
> I've never used the Windows version so I don't know if it supports local
> socket access, but for TCP access you need to ensure you are running
> PostgreSQL with the -i switch.
>
> Is there a Windows equivalent to "netstat"?  You might check to see
> whether the DB is listening.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.
> Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
> WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
> DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
>            Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/

Re: Finding Postgres Version????

От
Steve Crawford