Re: Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 03:24, Ronald Schmidt wrote:
> As my original email stated, I have postmaster running as a service.
> I have looked at all three of the files you mentioned and do not
> understand why their default configurations would interfere with
> connections from Perl DBI/DBD.

pg_hba.conf defines the limitations to access and authenticate with the
database - that's the most likely of the three to need editing in your
case.

I've never used the Windows version so I don't know if it supports local
socket access, but for TCP access you need to ensure you are running
PostgreSQL with the -i switch.

Is there a Windows equivalent to "netstat"?  You might check to see
whether the DB is listening.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/