Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl

От Ronald Schmidt
Тема Can't connect to postgresql on win32 using Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am new to PostgreSQL but have gotten to the point where I have postmaster running as a service on Windows 2000 and can connect to the server by typing 'psql mydb'.  I cannot however get a Perl/DBI connection to my database.  I have tried both DBD::Pg with ActiveState Perl 5.6.1 and DBD::PgPP with ActiveState Perl 5.8.0.  I installed PostgreSQL 7.3.1 with cygwin.  The error messages I get with each type of connection are listed below:

(Perl 5.6.1 and DBD::Pg)
DBI->connect(dbname=mydb) failed: could not create socket: An address incompat
 at x.pl line 5equested protocol was used.
could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was
 at x.pl line 5.

(Perl 5.8.0 and DBD::PgPP)
DBI->connect(dbname=mydb) failed: Couldn't connect to /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432:  at
c:/perl58/site/lib/DBD/PgPP.pm line 124
 at x.pl line 5
I am really more interested in getting the connection to work with Perl 5.6.1 but have verified that /tmp/.s.PGSQL5432 exists and seems to have the right permissions.

Ronald Schmidt