Обсуждение: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Michał Woś
Дата:
PGXAConnection - equals method is not working. It returns false due to
wrapping connection into Proxy object. Second argument of invoke is not
unwrapped so we have:

unwrapped_connection.equals(wrapped_connection)

Correct implementation can be found in AbstractJdbc23PooledConnection class.
It compares wrapped objects.

Re: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Florent Guillaume
Дата:
Hi,

Yes, I already reported this in 2011:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAF-4BpPdTUVnZQd-Y70-uSHVUJ-hfxLmfCW+MBL1i1AEaLoPMg@mail.gmail.com

Florent

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Michał Woś <michal.wos@leonisapps.pl> wrote:
> PGXAConnection - equals method is not working. It returns false due to
> wrapping connection into Proxy object. Second argument of invoke is not
> unwrapped so we have:
>
> unwrapped_connection.equals(wrapped_connection)
>
> Correct implementation can be found in AbstractJdbc23PooledConnection class.
> It compares wrapped objects.

Open Source Content Management Platform for Business Apps
http://www.nuxeo.com   http://community.nuxeo.com

Re: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Michał Woś
Дата:
Hi Florent,

I didn’t know you already reported it. Anyway it might be good to remind Postgres guys about the problem. This issue is
majorand it's really hard to believe that this hasn’t been covered since 2011. I wonder how many developers will waste
theirtime debugging Apache DBCP or other framework, only to find out that issue lies inside JDBC.

—
Michal

On 12 Feb 2014, at 21:51, Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I already reported this in 2011:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAF-4BpPdTUVnZQd-Y70-uSHVUJ-hfxLmfCW+MBL1i1AEaLoPMg@mail.gmail.com
>
> Florent
>

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Michał Woś <michal.wos@leonisapps.pl> wrote:
>> PGXAConnection - equals method is not working. It returns false due to
>> wrapping connection into Proxy object. Second argument of invoke is not
>> unwrapped so we have:
>>
>> unwrapped_connection.equals(wrapped_connection)
>>
>> Correct implementation can be found in AbstractJdbc23PooledConnection class.
>> It compares wrapped objects.
>>

>> --

> Florent Guillaume, Director of R&D, Nuxeo
> Open Source Content Management Platform for Business Apps
> http://www.nuxeo.com   http://community.nuxeo.com

Re: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 02/12/2014 11:39 PM, Michał Woś wrote:
> I didn’t know you already reported it. Anyway it might be good to remind Postgres guys about the problem. This issue
ismajor and it's really hard to believe that this hasn’t been covered since 2011. I wonder how many developers will
wastetheir time debugging Apache DBCP or other framework, only to find out that issue lies inside JDBC.

Yeah, it's about time we get this fixed.. I created a pull request on
github with Florent's patch: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/125

- Heikki

Re: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
committed, thanks

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 02/12/2014 11:39 PM, Michał Woś wrote:
I didn’t know you already reported it. Anyway it might be good to remind Postgres guys about the problem. This issue is major and it's really hard to believe that this hasn’t been covered since 2011. I wonder how many developers will waste their time debugging Apache DBCP or other framework, only to find out that issue lies inside JDBC.

Yeah, it's about time we get this fixed.. I created a pull request on github with Florent's patch: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/125

- Heikki

Re: PGXAConnection - equals method returning false

От
Florent Guillaume
Дата:
Thanks Heikki and Dave!