Обсуждение: Publish artifacts to Maven central

Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Stephen Nelson
Дата:
Hi,

I would like to help get the jdbc driver jars uploaded to Maven central automatically. I have found a set of Maven Ant tasks that will do the job (http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html) and shouldn't disrupt the current Ant script much - except for an additional third party jar containing the tasks, and the changes to create the required jars.

Would it be useful to the project for me to work on this?

Many thanks,
--
Stephen Nelson

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Yes, please do.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to help get the jdbc driver jars uploaded to Maven central
> automatically. I have found a set of Maven Ant tasks that will do the job
> (http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html) and shouldn't disrupt the
> current Ant script much - except for an additional third party jar
> containing the tasks, and the changes to create the required jars.
>
> Would it be useful to the project for me to work on this?
>
> Many thanks,
> --
> Stephen Nelson

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 10/25/2012 06:29 PM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to help get the jdbc driver jars uploaded to Maven central
> automatically. I have found a set of Maven Ant tasks that will do the
> job (http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html) and shouldn't disrupt
> the current Ant script much - except for an additional third party jar
> containing the tasks, and the changes to create the required jars.
>
> Would it be useful to the project for me to work on this?

It really would. I've had it on my to-do for ages, but I haven't done
much with Ant and I was concerned about getting the build right for the
different versions.

--
Craig Ringer

Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Stephen Nelson
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
> It really would. I've had it on my to-do for ages, but I haven't done
> much with Ant and I was concerned about getting the build right for the
> different versions.

Yeah, I finding that to be the slightly more involved part. To get
accepted to Maven Central I think you need to supply a jar with
javadoc and one with the sources. Looking at the current build there's
different source code included depending on the JDBC version you're
building for.

The question I have is should this current build script handle the
building of both versions, or will the script itself be called twice -
once for each JDBC version? It could be done either way I think, but I
guess this will need to hook into the other automated build discussion
happening on another thread so that things work together.

--
Stephen Nelson

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Stephen,

If the build script is within ant I think you need to call it twice
with JAVA_HOME pointed at different JVM's

This is probably the simplest as it is easily extended for JAVA 8, and beyond.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
>> It really would. I've had it on my to-do for ages, but I haven't done
>> much with Ant and I was concerned about getting the build right for the
>> different versions.
>>

> Yeah, I finding that to be the slightly more involved part. To get
> accepted to Maven Central I think you need to supply a jar with
> javadoc and one with the sources. Looking at the current build there's
> different source code included depending on the JDBC version you're
> building for.
>
> The question I have is should this current build script handle the
> building of both versions, or will the script itself be called twice -
> once for each JDBC version? It could be done either way I think, but I
> guess this will need to hook into the other automated build discussion
> happening on another thread so that things work together.
>
>> --
>> Craig Ringer
>>

> --
> Stephen Nelson

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Shijun Kong
Дата:
I am afraid you have to run once for each version. One way is to add one
maven pom file for the project and one profile for each version. The real
work can be delegated to existing ant job via maven ant plugin.

__________________________

Shijun Kong

On 10/30/12 11:53 AM, "Stephen Nelson" <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>
>wrote:
>> It really would. I've had it on my to-do for ages, but I haven't done
>> much with Ant and I was concerned about getting the build right for the
>> different versions.
>>

>Yeah, I finding that to be the slightly more involved part. To get
>accepted to Maven Central I think you need to supply a jar with
>javadoc and one with the sources. Looking at the current build there's
>different source code included depending on the JDBC version you're
>building for.
>
>The question I have is should this current build script handle the
>building of both versions, or will the script itself be called twice -
>once for each JDBC version? It could be done either way I think, but I
>guess this will need to hook into the other automated build discussion
>happening on another thread so that things work together.
>
>> --
>> Craig Ringer
>>

>--
>Stephen Nelson
>

>--

 This email message and any attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information intended solely for
theuse of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or its
attachmentsis strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone,fax or email and delete the message and all attachments to the message. Any views or opinions expressed are
solelythose of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Investor Analytics LLC.

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Tom Dunstan
Дата:
Did this go anywhere? I don't see anything in the build.xml indicating
that any work has been committed (at least on the master branch).
Maybe it's sitting in a fork somewhere?

I am also happy to help in getting releases pushed to maven central.
If there isn't any existing build script work to get them pushed up,
I'll knock something up...

Cheers

Tom

On 2 November 2012 05:53, Shijun Kong <skong@investoranalytics.com> wrote:
> I am afraid you have to run once for each version. One way is to add one
> maven pom file for the project and one profile for each version. The real
> work can be delegated to existing ant job via maven ant plugin.
>
> __________________________
>
> Shijun Kong
>

> On 10/30/12 11:53 AM, "Stephen Nelson" <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>
>>wrote:
>>> It really would. I've had it on my to-do for ages, but I haven't done
>>> much with Ant and I was concerned about getting the build right for the
>>> different versions.
>>>

>>Yeah, I finding that to be the slightly more involved part. To get
>>accepted to Maven Central I think you need to supply a jar with
>>javadoc and one with the sources. Looking at the current build there's
>>different source code included depending on the JDBC version you're
>>building for.
>>
>>The question I have is should this current build script handle the
>>building of both versions, or will the script itself be called twice -
>>once for each JDBC version? It could be done either way I think, but I
>>guess this will need to hook into the other automated build discussion
>>happening on another thread so that things work together.
>>
>>> --
>>> Craig Ringer
>>>

>>--
>>Stephen Nelson
>>

>>--
>

>  This email message and any attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information intended solely
forthe use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or its
attachmentsis strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone,fax or email and delete the message and all attachments to the message. Any views or opinions expressed are
solelythose of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Investor Analytics LLC.

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Stephen Nelson
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
Did this go anywhere? I don't see anything in the build.xml indicating
that any work has been committed (at least on the master branch).
Maybe it's sitting in a fork somewhere?

I am also happy to help in getting releases pushed to maven central.
If there isn't any existing build script work to get them pushed up,
I'll knock something up...

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom

I pushed it to my Github fork of pgjdbc: https://github.com/lordnelson/pgjdbc on the build_script_maven branch.

I'm a bit of a newcomer to Git so hope I've done it correctly? I still need to sort out the gpg signing part so it can be pushed to Maven central automatically, and need some ideas about how to build for each JDBC version.

Stephen

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Stephen,

I can take care of building each version. You need a machine with all 3 versions of java on it. I have one. If we can get to the point that it will push one I can probably do the rest.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:00 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:
[...]

Дата:
Stephen,

Can you create a pull request on github. There is a pull request button on your github repo. then send it to me

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
Stephen,

Can you create a pull request on github. There is a pull request button on your github repo. then send it to me

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Hi Dave,

I've created the pull request. I couldn't quite figure out how to squash the commits into one....

Many thanks

Stephen

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Thanks, this is good

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
Stephen,

Can you create a pull request on github. There is a pull request button on your github repo. then send it to me

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Hi Dave,

I've created the pull request. I couldn't quite figure out how to squash the commits into one....

Many thanks

Stephen

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Tom Dunstan
Дата:
On 9 February 2013 03:10, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
Thanks, this is good

Any progress? The latest jdbc drivers are pretty much the only dependencies that I can't pull from maven central these days. I'd love to help, but without the rights to do the push to sonatype I'm not sure what I can do.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Tom,

Yes, I had been struggling with naming conventions.

I would have liked it to go into org/postgreql/jdbc/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

However it appears maven forces

org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

I can probably publish the former today.

Dave

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Yes, I had been struggling with naming conventions.
>
> I would have liked it to go into org/postgreql/jdbc/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar
>
> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar
>
> I can probably publish the former today.
>
> Dave
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Tom Dunstan
Дата:
On 5 April 2013 01:52, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

The existing artefacts in maven central have a group id of "postgresql",  an artefact id of "postgresql" and a version format of "9.1-901-1.jdbc4". See e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Is there a particular reason to change the all of that at this point? I know I personally would probably have made the group "org.postgresql" and the artefact id "jdbc-driver" and maybe specified the jdbc version as a classifier (although some build systems are a bit funny about classifiers). But people have been using the existing group and artefact id, so I don't see much point changing it now.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I've published 9.2 1002 JDBC4 to sonatype he groupid is org.postgresql and the artefact id is postgresql.

I assume this will make it to maven central eventually

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
On 5 April 2013 01:52, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

The existing artefacts in maven central have a group id of "postgresql",  an artefact id of "postgresql" and a version format of "9.1-901-1.jdbc4". See e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Is there a particular reason to change the all of that at this point? I know I personally would probably have made the group "org.postgresql" and the artefact id "jdbc-driver" and maybe specified the jdbc version as a classifier (although some build systems are a bit funny about classifiers). But people have been using the existing group and artefact id, so I don't see much point changing it now.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Tom Dunstan
Дата:
Hi Dave

I was going to submit a patch for the website to add the maven group id etc to the download page, but it looks like the pgjdbc/www repo on github is out of date.. what's the preferred mechanism for patches to the website?

Cheers

Tom

On 6 April 2013 05:33, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
I've published 9.2 1002 JDBC4 to sonatype he groupid is org.postgresql and the artefact id is postgresql.

I assume this will make it to maven central eventually

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
On 5 April 2013 01:52, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

The existing artefacts in maven central have a group id of "postgresql",  an artefact id of "postgresql" and a version format of "9.1-901-1.jdbc4". See e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Is there a particular reason to change the all of that at this point? I know I personally would probably have made the group "org.postgresql" and the artefact id "jdbc-driver" and maybe specified the jdbc version as a classifier (although some build systems are a bit funny about classifiers). But people have been using the existing group and artefact id, so I don't see much point changing it now.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Tom,

It should be up to date. What are you seeing that suggests otherwise ?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
Hi Dave

I was going to submit a patch for the website to add the maven group id etc to the download page, but it looks like the pgjdbc/www repo on github is out of date.. what's the preferred mechanism for patches to the website?

Cheers

Tom

On 6 April 2013 05:33, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
I've published 9.2 1002 JDBC4 to sonatype he groupid is org.postgresql and the artefact id is postgresql.

I assume this will make it to maven central eventually

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
On 5 April 2013 01:52, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

The existing artefacts in maven central have a group id of "postgresql",  an artefact id of "postgresql" and a version format of "9.1-901-1.jdbc4". See e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Is there a particular reason to change the all of that at this point? I know I personally would probably have made the group "org.postgresql" and the artefact id "jdbc-driver" and maybe specified the jdbc version as a classifier (although some build systems are a bit funny about classifiers). But people have been using the existing group and artefact id, so I don't see much point changing it now.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Tom Dunstan
Дата:
On 9 April 2013 01:07, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
It should be up to date. What are you seeing that suggests otherwise ?

Hi Dave

Sorry, should have been more explicit.

The download file seems to still refer to 9.1-902 as the current version, see https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/blob/master/src/documentation/content/xdocs/download.xml

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Mostly because I have had difficulty building the site, so I edited the site directly. This is still the reference repo

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> wrote:
On 9 April 2013 01:07, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
It should be up to date. What are you seeing that suggests otherwise ?

Hi Dave

Sorry, should have been more explicit.

The download file seems to still refer to 9.1-902 as the current version, see https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/blob/master/src/documentation/content/xdocs/download.xml

Cheers

Tom

Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От
adrianboimvaser
Дата:
Hi there, not completely related, but somewhat. I'm spreading the word about
a plugin for PostgreSQL I started working on:
https://github.com/adrianboimvaser/postgresql-maven-plugin.
I already released the first version to Maven Central Repository.
I also published PostgreSQL 9.2.4 binaries for all platforms under
com.github.adrianboimvaser:postgresql-dist.