Обсуждение: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Today I downloaded the postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the website,
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar. The
jar once installed in replace of the older version crashed the app.
on Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver).

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/postgresql/Driver : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

Upon returning to the older version, 9.1-901.jdbc3 or use of the 9.1-903.jdbc4
version the app properly loads the driver as expected. Could someone on the
list please validate that the 9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the project's website
possibly gives similar results when used.

danap.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
It would appear that I must have built it using jdk7

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
> Today I downloaded the postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the website,
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar. The
> jar once installed in replace of the older version crashed the app.
> on Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver).
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/Driver : Unsupported
> major.minor version 51.0
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
>
> Upon returning to the older version, 9.1-901.jdbc3 or use of the
> 9.1-903.jdbc4
> version the app properly loads the driver as expected. Could someone on the
> list please validate that the 9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the project's website
> possibly gives similar results when used.
>
> danap.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> It would appear that I must have built it using jdk7
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

Thank you for the check, sir.

danap.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 10/20/12 4:28 PM, dmp wrote:
> Today I downloaded the postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the website,
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar. The
> jar once installed in replace of the older version crashed the app.
> on Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver).
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/Driver :
> Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

I ran into this too.   the current 903.jdbc3 can't be run with Java 1.5,
I've got some software that REQUIRES 1.5 (pljava for one), we had to
revert to 902.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I've uploaded a recompiled version of that jar, can someone verify
that it is correct ?

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/12 4:28 PM, dmp wrote:
>>
>> Today I downloaded the postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the website,
>> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar. The
>> jar once installed in replace of the older version crashed the app.
>> on Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver).
>>
>> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/Driver : Unsupported
>> major.minor version 51.0
>

> I ran into this too.   the current 903.jdbc3 can't be run with Java 1.5,
> I've got some software that REQUIRES 1.5 (pljava for one), we had to revert
> to 902.
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
That jar now works fine Dave. Thank you.

Perhaps this is an ignorant question, but is the building
of these jars automated? If not I will be releasing the next
version of my project this week and could spend some time
now maybe helping out in that area?

danap.

Dave Cramer wrote:
> I've uploaded a recompiled version of that jar, can someone verify
> that it is correct ?
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca
>

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM, John R Pierce<pierce@hogranch.com>  wrote:
>> On 10/20/12 4:28 PM, dmp wrote:
>>>
>>> Today I downloaded the postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar from the website,
>>> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc3.jar. The
>>> jar once installed in replace of the older version crashed the app.
>>> on Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver).
>>>
>>> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
>>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/Driver : Unsupported
>>> major.minor version 51.0
>>

>> I ran into this too.   the current 903.jdbc3 can't be run with Java 1.5,
>> I've got some software that REQUIRES 1.5 (pljava for one), we had to revert
>> to 902.
>>
>> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
>> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
danap

I am working on automating it. The challenge was setting up an
environment with 3 jvm's I built EC2 instance with the three of them

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
> That jar now works fine Dave. Thank you.
>
> Perhaps this is an ignorant question, but is the building
> of these jars automated? If not I will be releasing the next
> version of my project this week and could spend some time
> now maybe helping out in that area?
>
> danap.
>
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>>
>> I've uploaded a recompiled version of that jar, can someone verify
>> that it is correct ?
>>
>> Dave Cramer
>>
>> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
>> http://www.credativ.ca
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM, John R Pierce<pierce@hogranch.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I ran into this too.   the current 903.jdbc3 can't be run with Java 1.5,
>>> I've got some software that REQUIRES 1.5 (pljava for one), we had to
>>> revert
>>> to 902.
>>>
>>> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
>>> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
1. What are the 3 jvm's supported now? 5,6,7?

2. Have not built the jar files for while, before did
    it with CVS and ant. How are they now built since
    the code is on git?

No need to reply immediately at your convience, will
not be able to look at for a few days. General comment
though.

1. Could not the 3 jvm be put on a single machine.
2. link to appropriate version for path.
3. build.

A script could do this I think. Then its just a matter
of making a standard image of the configuration and
spinning it up to run.

danap.

Dave Cramer wrote:
> danap
>
> I am working on automating it. The challenge was setting up an
> environment with 3 jvm's I built EC2 instance with the three of them
>
> Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca
>

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM, dmp<danap@ttc-cmc.net>  wrote:
>> That jar now works fine Dave. Thank you.
>>
>> Perhaps this is an ignorant question, but is the building
>> of these jars automated? If not I will be releasing the next
>> version of my project this week and could spend some time
>> now maybe helping out in that area?
>>
>> danap.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 10/24/2012 12:57 AM, dmp wrote:
> 1. What are the 3 jvm's supported now? 5,6,7?

5,6 and 7, yes. 8 is also expected to work.

> 2. Have not built the jar files for while, before did
>    it with CVS and ant. How are they now built since
>    the code is on git?

Still with ant.

> 1. Could not the 3 jvm be put on a single machine.

Yes, they can, and that's how I do things when testing. Just set
`JAVA_HOME` and `PATH`.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Let me get back to you in a couple of days. I will need to go up on my AWS
account, since its been awhile, to brush up on how things work.

danap.

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Where can we get 8 from ?
>
> Danap, I can give you an account on the EC2 instance
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
"Mike Fowler"
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Would it be useful for me to upload a nightly build of the driver from my
build farm animal? A simple ftp of the resulting JDK5 build to somewhere
on jdbc.postgresql.org might be sufficient.

Kind regards,
--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

> danap
>
> I am working on automating it. The challenge was setting up an
> environment with 3 jvm's I built EC2 instance with the three of them
>
> Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca
>

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
>> That jar now works fine Dave. Thank you.
>>
>> Perhaps this is an ignorant question, but is the building
>> of these jars automated? If not I will be releasing the next
>> version of my project this week and could spend some time
>> now maybe helping out in that area?
>>
>> danap.
>>
>> Dave Cramer wrote:
>>>
>>> I've uploaded a recompiled version of that jar, can someone verify
>>> that it is correct ?
>>>
>>> Dave Cramer
>>>
>>> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
>>> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Hello Mike,

I'm sure I could dig around a bit, but is that build of the current development
source code? All the various versions 5,6,7?

I'm really ignorant of the whole process here & would like to see if I can
help Dave out here in automating the creation of the drivers placed on the
website for users to download. The files, looks like all are there, appear
to be development & production. http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/

danap.

Mike Fowler wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Would it be useful for me to upload a nightly build of the driver from my
> build farm animal? A simple ftp of the resulting JDK5 build to somewhere
> on jdbc.postgresql.org might be sufficient.
>
> Kind regards,

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Mike Fowler
Дата:
Hi danap,

On 24/10/12 17:28, dmp wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> I'm sure I could dig around a bit, but is that build of the current
> development source code? All the various versions 5,6,7?

Yes it is and its 32-bit JDKs 1.5.0_22, 1.6.0_25 and 1.7.0_05. I have
git mirrors for both PG and PG-JDBC which are synchronised once an hour.
I build Postgres versions 8.4, 9.2 and HEAD and test the driver as built
with each JDK against each of the Postgres branches. You can view the
status of these builds at
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?member=piapiac

> I'm really ignorant of the whole process here & would like to see if I can
> help Dave out here in automating the creation of the drivers placed on the
> website for users to download. The files, looks like all are there, appear
> to be development & production. http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/

I'm all for automation, it makes everyone's life that bit easier.

Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
So I assume the post from last month indicating problems with
the build were sucessfully corrected, with 1.5 back in. Status
shows OK.

Mike Fowler wrote:(09-24-2012)
> I tried dropping 1.5 however that
> wasn't enough. I've now hacked the build farm scripts to add an hour to my
> start time stamp and re-enabled 1.5 support so hopefully all will report
> clean tomorrow at which point.

danap.

Mike Fowler wrote:(10-24-24)
> Hi danap,
>
> On 24/10/12 17:28, dmp wrote:
>> Hello Mike,
>>
>> I'm sure I could dig around a bit, but is that build of the current
>> development source code? All the various versions 5,6,7?
>
> Yes it is and its 32-bit JDKs 1.5.0_22, 1.6.0_25 and 1.7.0_05. I have
> git mirrors for both PG and PG-JDBC which are synchronised once an hour.
> I build Postgres versions 8.4, 9.2 and HEAD and test the driver as built
> with each JDK against each of the Postgres branches. You can view the
> status of these builds at
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?member=piapiac
>

>> I'm really ignorant of the whole process here & would like to see if I
>> can
>> help Dave out here in automating the creation of the drivers placed on
>> the
>> website for users to download. The files, looks like all are there,
>> appear
>> to be development & production. http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/
>
> I'm all for automation, it makes everyone's life that bit easier.
>
> Regards,

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
In light of this information do you still wish help in pursing a EC2 instance
build of the JDBC JARs for the web site?

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

danap.

> Hi Dave,
>
> Would it be useful for me to upload a nightly build of the driver from my
> build farm animal? A simple ftp of the resulting JDK5 build to somewhere
> on jdbc.postgresql.org might be sufficient.
>
> Kind regards,
> -- Mike Fowler Registered Linux user: 379787
>> > danap
>> >
>> > I am working on automating it. The challenge was setting up an
>> > environment with 3 jvm's I built EC2 instance with the three of them
>> >
>> > Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Dave Cramer
>> >
>> > dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
>> > http://www.credativ.ca

>> > --

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Danap,

I already have an instance built and running. What I proposed was
giving you access to it so you could script the builds.
 I would like to leave Mike's instance alone to do it's thing independent of us.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
> In light of this information do you still wish help in pursing a EC2
> instance
> build of the JDBC JARs for the web site?
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
>
> danap.
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Would it be useful for me to upload a nightly build of the driver from my
>> build farm animal? A simple ftp of the resulting JDK5 build to somewhere
>> on jdbc.postgresql.org might be sufficient.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> -- Mike Fowler Registered Linux user: 379787

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Ok, I now have time to take a look to see if I can help in this
regard. Let me know the instance particulars for access and any
other pertinent information that you believe may be helpful.

danap.

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Danap,
>
> I already have an instance built and running. What I proposed was
> giving you access to it so you could script the builds.
>   I would like to leave Mike's instance alone to do it's thing independent of us.
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
"Mike Fowler"
Дата:
Hi danap,

> So I assume the post from last month indicating problems with
> the build were sucessfully corrected, with 1.5 back in. Status
> shows OK.
>
> Mike Fowler wrote:(09-24-2012)
>> I tried dropping 1.5 however that
>> wasn't enough. I've now hacked the build farm scripts to add an hour to
>> my
>> start time stamp and re-enabled 1.5 support so hopefully all will report
>> clean tomorrow at which point.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I've been rather busy with a
charity event over the weekend (www.mariothon.org). Yes the problems the
buildfarm was experiencing are solved and at present the build is with
JDKs 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.

Kind regards,
--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Thank you for the reply, Mike. Noted.

danap.

Mike Fowler wrote:
> Hi danap,
>
>> So I assume the post from last month indicating problems with
>> the build were sucessfully corrected, with 1.5 back in. Status
>> shows OK.
>>
>> Mike Fowler wrote:(09-24-2012)
>>> I tried dropping 1.5 however that
>>> wasn't enough. I've now hacked the build farm scripts to add an hour to
>>> my
>>> start time stamp and re-enabled 1.5 support so hopefully all will report
>>> clean tomorrow at which point.
>
> Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I've been rather busy with a
> charity event over the weekend (www.mariothon.org). Yes the problems the
> buildfarm was experiencing are solved and at present the build is with
> JDKs 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
>
> Kind regards,

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Hello Dave,

I have pretty much completed the script and tested it locally. I
will clean it up some tomorrow and add input for setting the build
version for writing the jars. I can then test it on the instance,
but will need to use some bandwith to get the pgjdbc source code
there. Shall I proceed?

danap.

 > dmp wrote:
> Ok, I now have time to take a look to see if I can help in this
> regard. Let me know the instance particulars for access and any
> other pertinent information that you believe may be helpful.
>
> danap.
>
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>> Danap,
>>
>> I already have an instance built and running. What I proposed was
>> giving you access to it so you could script the builds.
>> I would like to leave Mike's instance alone to do it's thing
>> independent of us.
>>
>> Dave Cramer
>>
>> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
>> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Sure go ahead.

BTW, I put jdk 1.8 on there as well, but it won't build due to an ant error which requires ant 1.9.

I haven't gotten around to updating that yet.

Thanks!

P.S. don't expect blazing speed from that instance. It is a micro instance. I'm pretty sure screen is on there. You might be advised to run the script inside screen.

Dave Cramer wrote:
Danap,

I already have an instance built and running. What I proposed was
giving you access to it so you could script the builds.
I would like to leave Mike's instance alone to do it's thing
independent of us.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
Hello,

Everything is now on the instance and the script seems to be working fine.
The exception being jdk 1.8 and also jdk 1.5, 6 & 7 build fine. The source
was taken from git last week, so I will update and run again a little later.

The only question I guess is the script currently makes the jars according
to the website versioning, jdbc1, jdbc2, jdbc3 etc. So the building for 6 & 7
will end up with the 7 jar only. Since the 6 will be over written, jdbc4,
when 7 runs. This was the way it was coded, but may not be desirable.

The run today only ended up with the jdbc4 jar since 1.5 & 1.8 failed.

Output for 1.5 error:

Building.....
SDK_VERSION=java version "1.5.0_22" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard
Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build
1.5.0_22-b03, mixed mode)
Buildfile: /home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build.xml

all:
prepare:
check_versions:
check_driver:
driver:

compile:
     [javac] /home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build.xml:127: warning:
'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to
false for repeatable builds
     [javac] Compiling 15 source files to /home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build
     [javac]
/home/danap/development/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3ConnectionPool.java:10:
cannot access org.postgresql.ds.PGConnectionPoolDataSource
     [javac] bad class file:
/home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build/org/postgresql/ds/PGConnectionPoolDataSource.class
     [javac] class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
     [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory
of the classpath.
     [javac] import org.postgresql.ds.PGConnectionPoolDataSource;
     [javac]                          ^
     [javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED
/home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build.xml:101: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
/home/danap/development/pgjdbc/build.xml:127: Compile failed; see the compiler
error output for details.

danap.

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Sure go ahead.
>
> BTW, I put jdk 1.8 on there as well, but it won't build due to an ant
> error which requires ant 1.9.
>
> I haven't gotten around to updating that yet.
>
> Thanks!
>
> P.S. don't expect blazing speed from that instance. It is a micro
> instance. I'm pretty sure screen is on there. You might be advised to
> run the script inside screen.
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
dmp
Дата:
The build script for jars is now functioning with the current GIT source
code. All Java SDKs are building successfully, but 1.8. A current working
version is available in my home under development on the image. I tested
the jdbc4 jar locally.

A decision was made to use a shell script. I gave thought to making with
Python, Perl, or even Java, but the majority of the script is really working
with system level manipulation. I felt with the popularity of bash on
Linux the shell script should be fairly versatile for the future.

Each system should edit the two variables JAVA_SDK_PATH & ANT_INSTALL_HOME.
A check will be made though for the ANT_HOME set on the system that
would naturally override the ANT_INSTALL_HOME variable.

I will not post the script here, but will attach a copy for Dave. Those
that also wish a copy can request from Dave or myself. I do this because
it appears to more of a production tool for the group. I leave to the group
to include it as desired for public consumption.

danap.

Re: 9.1-903 JDBC 3 Download

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Dana,

Thanks got it.

FWIW, we don't build for anything less than 1.5 anymore, but