Обсуждение: Driver for Postgres 7.2

Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
"David Marin Arroyo"
Дата:
Hi
I want to communicate my Java application(JDK 1.4.2) with one database
Postgres 7.2.
I have downloaded driver jdbc (pg72jdbc2) but I found one error in my
application: org.postgresql.Driver not found.

I don´t know if I am using correct version of this driver or I need other
driver, in this case somebody could me where I can download this driver?

Thanks in advance
David

Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
Markus Schaber
Дата:
Hi, David,

David Marin Arroyo schrieb:

> I want to communicate my Java application(JDK 1.4.2) with one database
> Postgres 7.2.

You should consider updating your server, as the 7.2 series is not
supported any more, that means that no bugs and security fixes will be
issued by the PostgreSQL developers. If you cannot afford a major
upgrade, make sure that you have at least the latest 7.2.X point release.

> I have downloaded driver jdbc (pg72jdbc2) but I found one error in my

It should be possible to use the latest Driver (8.1) against a 7.2
server, I personally used the 7.4 driver against a 7.2 server
successfully. This way, you can profit from driver updates and fixes
since 7.2.

> application: org.postgresql.Driver not found.

It seems that the driver jar is not in your classpath. Try to enshure
that the jar is in your classpath, deployed in your application server,
or (dangerous) installed in the extension directory of your JRE / JDK.

HTH,
Schabi

Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
"David Marin Arroyo"
Дата:
Hi

My Postgres version is :

PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
20020903 (
Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

I added in CLASSPATH my driver but I found this error with the option
verbose in java.

[Loaded java.sql.Connection from C:\Archivos de
programa\Java\jre1.4.2_06\lib\rt
.jar]
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

Where is the page where I can download these drivers?

Thanks in advance

>From: Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>
>To: David Marin Arroyo <cyberositopo@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [JDBC] Driver for Postgres 7.2
>Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:28:17 +0200
>
>Hi, David,
>
>David Marin Arroyo schrieb:
>
> > I want to communicate my Java application(JDK 1.4.2) with one database
> > Postgres 7.2.
>
>You should consider updating your server, as the 7.2 series is not
>supported any more, that means that no bugs and security fixes will be
>issued by the PostgreSQL developers. If you cannot afford a major
>upgrade, make sure that you have at least the latest 7.2.X point release.
>
> > I have downloaded driver jdbc (pg72jdbc2) but I found one error in my
>
>It should be possible to use the latest Driver (8.1) against a 7.2
>server, I personally used the 7.4 driver against a 7.2 server
>successfully. This way, you can profit from driver updates and fixes
>since 7.2.
>
> > application: org.postgresql.Driver not found.
>
>It seems that the driver jar is not in your classpath. Try to enshure
>that the jar is in your classpath, deployed in your application server,
>or (dangerous) installed in the extension directory of your JRE / JDK.
>
>HTH,
>Schabi

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Hi David,

As others have told you you really should upgrade postgresql. 7.2 is
not supported any more.

That being said, the driver will still work ( sort of ). The metadata
stuff won't.

you can get them at http://jdbc.postgresql.org.

Dave
On 29-May-06, at 2:44 PM, David Marin Arroyo wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Postgres version is :
>
> PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
> 3.2 20020903 (
> Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
>
> I added in CLASSPATH my driver but I found this error with the
> option verbose in java.
>
> [Loaded java.sql.Connection from C:\Archivos de programa\Java
> \jre1.4.2_06\lib\rt
> .jar]
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver
>
> Where is the page where I can download these drivers?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>> From: Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>
>> To: David Marin Arroyo <cyberositopo@hotmail.com>
>> CC: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
>> Subject: Re: [JDBC] Driver for Postgres 7.2
>> Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:28:17 +0200
>>
>> Hi, David,
>>
>> David Marin Arroyo schrieb:
>>
>> > I want to communicate my Java application(JDK 1.4.2) with one
>> database
>> > Postgres 7.2.
>>
>> You should consider updating your server, as the 7.2 series is not
>> supported any more, that means that no bugs and security fixes
>> will be
>> issued by the PostgreSQL developers. If you cannot afford a major
>> upgrade, make sure that you have at least the latest 7.2.X point
>> release.
>>
>> > I have downloaded driver jdbc (pg72jdbc2) but I found one error
>> in my
>>
>> It should be possible to use the latest Driver (8.1) against a 7.2
>> server, I personally used the 7.4 driver against a 7.2 server
>> successfully. This way, you can profit from driver updates and fixes
>> since 7.2.
>>
>> > application: org.postgresql.Driver not found.
>>
>> It seems that the driver jar is not in your classpath. Try to enshure
>> that the jar is in your classpath, deployed in your application
>> server,
>> or (dangerous) installed in the extension directory of your JRE /
>> JDK.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Schabi

Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 06:44:23PM +0000, David Marin Arroyo wrote:
> PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2

I'll echo what people said about upgrading, but particularly, to the
latest dotrelease.  7.2.2 had, as I recall, some nasty bugs in it.

On the whole, though, you're playing with fire to be on 7.2.anything
these days.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun

Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От
Markus Schaber
Дата:
Hi, David,

David Marin Arroyo wrote:

> I added in CLASSPATH my driver but I found this error with the option
> verbose in java.
>
> [Loaded java.sql.Connection from C:\Archivos de
> programa\Java\jre1.4.2_06\lib\rt
> .jar]
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

This still means that, somehow, the jdbc driver is not in your classpath.

Btw, if you're starting an Application via "java -jar foo.jar",
CLASSPATH is ignored on some VMs.

> Where is the page where I can download these drivers?

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

But, IMHO, it is much more important that you update your server, you
risk losing your data due to bugs in 7.2.2.

Markus