Обсуждение: Network datatype extensions try 2

Network datatype extensions try 2

От
Russell Francis
Дата:
Hello,

If there is still interest in adding support for extended network data
types, I have a second attempt available which should address Kris'
initial concerns about jdk 1.2 support and the use of the
java.net.InetAddress classes.

At the following url, there is a unified diff against 8.1dev403 sources
on the internet.  The diff has all of the changes and new files needed.
 The individual files which are new are also present at the site.

http://jdbc.ev.net/2/network_types_403.diff
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGNetworkBase.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGcidr.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGinet.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGmacaddr.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGcidrTest.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGinetTest.java
http://jdbc.ev.net/2/PGmacaddrTest.java

Please give it a spin and let me know if there are any other glaring
oversites ;) or things which you would like to see modified.

Cheers,
Russ

name value pairs

От
"Srivats"
Дата:
Hi,

Can I call the functions with name value pairs from JAVA like i do in
Sybase.
For Example
function name ( variable name = value, ..... );

variable name as declared inside the function

Thks
Srivats.C

Re: name value pairs

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Srivats wrote:

> Can I call the functions with name value pairs from JAVA like i do in Sybase.
> For Example
> function name ( variable name = value, ..... );

The CallableStatement interface provides setXXX methods that take a String
argument for the parameter name in addition to the integer offset setXXX
methods.  Unfortunately the postgresql jdbc driver currently does not
implement these methods.

It would be possible to implement this method by parsing the statement and
then querying the system catalog to get the function parameters' names.
This wouldn't work for overloaded functions which need additional type
information to resolve, but I don't think that's the general case.

Kris Jurka