Re: name value pairs

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: name value pairs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Srivats wrote:

> Can I call the functions with name value pairs from JAVA like i do in Sybase.
> For Example
> function name ( variable name = value, ..... );

The CallableStatement interface provides setXXX methods that take a String
argument for the parameter name in addition to the integer offset setXXX
methods.  Unfortunately the postgresql jdbc driver currently does not
implement these methods.

It would be possible to implement this method by parsing the statement and
then querying the system catalog to get the function parameters' names.
This wouldn't work for overloaded functions which need additional type
information to resolve, but I don't think that's the general case.

Kris Jurka