Обсуждение: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability for review

patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability for review

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I've tested this against 7.2, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1 with both jdk 1.4, and 1.3.1

Dave

Dave Cramer
davec@postgresintl.com
www.postgresintl.com
ICQ #14675561
jabber davecramer@jabber.org
ph (519 939 0336 )

Вложения

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> I've tested this against 7.2, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1 with both jdk 1.4, and 1.3.1

Why the duplicated code in Jdbc2CallableStatement /
Jdbc3CallableStatement? Shouldn't this live in AbstractJdbc2Statement?

-O

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability for review

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Oliver,

Yes it could actually, although, I'd like to separate the knowledge
of CallableStatement differences somewhere else. I agree there's no
reason for duplicate code though. On the other hand, only one of
these classes ever gets compiled.

Dave
On 8-Jul-05, at 7:29 AM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> I've tested this against 7.2, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1 with both jdk 1.4, and
>> 1.3.1
>>

> Why the duplicated code in Jdbc2CallableStatement /
> Jdbc3CallableStatement? Shouldn't this live in AbstractJdbc2Statement?
>
> -O

Dave Cramer
davec@postgresintl.com
www.postgresintl.com
ICQ #14675561
jabber davecramer@jabber.org
ph (519 939 0336 )

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:

> Yes it could actually, although, I'd like to separate the knowledge  of
> CallableStatement differences somewhere else.

If you mean JDBC2 vs JDBC3 differences, that's what
AbstractJdbc3Statement is for, surely?

> I agree there's no  reason
> for duplicate code though. On the other hand, only one of  these classes
> ever gets compiled.

It is a maintenance issue, not a code size / compilation issue. If you
have two copies of the "same" code, you have to keep them in sync by
hand, which is asking for trouble.

-O

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability for review

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Yup, I've cut all that code out and moved it. Just testing it as much
as I can now

Dave
On 8-Jul-05, at 10:25 AM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> Yes it could actually, although, I'd like to separate the
>> knowledge  of
>> CallableStatement differences somewhere else.
>>

> If you mean JDBC2 vs JDBC3 differences, that's what
> AbstractJdbc3Statement is for, surely?
>

>> I agree there's no  reason
>> for duplicate code though. On the other hand, only one of  these
>> classes
>> ever gets compiled.
>>

> It is a maintenance issue, not a code size / compilation issue. If you
> have two copies of the "same" code, you have to keep them in sync by
> hand, which is asking for trouble.
>
> -O

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Yup, I've cut all that code out and moved it. Just testing it as much
> as I can now.

Note that the current cvs code also fails to compile with the 1.5 JDK
because you've implemented this in Jdbc3CallableStatement, but not
Jdbc3gCallableStatement.  This is just further argument for putting it in
the proper place.

Kris Jurka

Re: patch to fix jdk 2 compile errors and v2 compatability

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Kris,

I did commit a change which removed the implementations from
CallableStatement. Is it still not compiling ?

Dave

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I did commit a change which removed the implementations from
> CallableStatement. Is it still not compiling ?

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 124 source files to /home/jurka/pg/pgjdbc/build
    [javac] /home/jurka/pg/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3g/Jdbc3gCallableStatement.java:15:
org.postgresql.jdbc3g.Jdbc3gCallableStatementis not abstract and does not override abstract method
registerOutParameter(int,int,int)in java.sql.CallableStatement
    [javac] class Jdbc3gCallableStatement extends Jdbc3gPreparedStatement implements CallableStatement

Kris Jurka

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Kris Jurka wrote:

> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 124 source files to /home/jurka/pg/pgjdbc/build
>     [javac] /home/jurka/pg/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3g/Jdbc3gCallableStatement.java:15:
org.postgresql.jdbc3g.Jdbc3gCallableStatementis not abstract and does not override abstract method
registerOutParameter(int,int,int)in java.sql.CallableStatement
>     [javac] class Jdbc3gCallableStatement extends Jdbc3gPreparedStatement implements CallableStatement

What's the status of this?

Kris Jurka