Обсуждение: DataSource support

DataSource support

От
Victor Rodriguez
Дата:
Hello!

    I'm writing a tomcat based web-app that uses the JNDI to obtain JDBC
DataSources. Is postgres' DataSource support reliable to use on a
deployed application? Right now I'm using the devpgjdbc3.jar. Is this
fine or should I use some other driver?

    Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Victor.
--
victor m. rodriguez | ximis | telephone 915.832.0134 | fax 915.832.0135
6006 north mesa st. | suite 902 | coronado tower | el paso | tx | 79912

Re: DataSource support

От
Aaron Mulder
Дата:
On 25 Oct 2002, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello!
>
>     I'm writing a tomcat based web-app that uses the JNDI to obtain JDBC
> DataSources. Is postgres' DataSource support reliable to use on a
> deployed application?

    The only issue you may want to be aware of is that the pooling
data source never releases connections.  So far, no one's mentioned that
as an issue (this is your chance!).

> Right now I'm using the devpgjdbc3.jar. Is this
> fine or should I use some other driver?

    If you're running under JDK 1.4, you can use either the 7.3 beta 3
JDBC3 driver or the dev JDBC3 driver.  If you're running under JDK 1.3 and
you want a JDBC2 driver, unfortunately, you need to build the JDBC2 driver
from CVS.

Aaron

Re: DataSource support

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Victor,

There aren't any known issues with the DataSource support, so it should
be fine.

I am not sure when you pulled the devpgjdbc3.jar file, but if you pull
pg73b3jdbc3.jar you will have the latest code (currently 7.3beta3 is the
same as the dev build).  I don't expect to see any changes between
7.3beta3 and 7.3 production (except for doc updates), unless some
important bugs are found this week.

thanks,
--Barry

Victor Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello!
>
>     I'm writing a tomcat based web-app that uses the JNDI to obtain JDBC
> DataSources. Is postgres' DataSource support reliable to use on a
> deployed application? Right now I'm using the devpgjdbc3.jar. Is this
> fine or should I use some other driver?
>
>     Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Victor.

Re: DataSource support

От
snpe
Дата:
What  is with ResultSet support for select on large tables ?
Is it planed for 7.3 ?

regards
Haris Peco