Re: DataSource support

От Aaron Mulder
Тема Re: DataSource support
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 25 Oct 2002, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello!
>
>     I'm writing a tomcat based web-app that uses the JNDI to obtain JDBC
> DataSources. Is postgres' DataSource support reliable to use on a
> deployed application?

    The only issue you may want to be aware of is that the pooling
data source never releases connections.  So far, no one's mentioned that
as an issue (this is your chance!).

> Right now I'm using the devpgjdbc3.jar. Is this
> fine or should I use some other driver?

    If you're running under JDK 1.4, you can use either the 7.3 beta 3
JDBC3 driver or the dev JDBC3 driver.  If you're running under JDK 1.3 and
you want a JDBC2 driver, unfortunately, you need to build the JDBC2 driver
from CVS.

Aaron