Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Nicolas,

AFAIK you should be able to get the EXPLAIN plan from the jdbc driver.
All INFO messages from the backend are treated as warnings by the jdbc
driver.  If you do a getWarnings() you should be able to get the explain
plan information.

Cancel query is on the jdbc todo list.  However I don't know of anyone
that plans to implement it.  So a patch that adds that functionality
would be welcome.

thanks,
--Barry

Nicolas Verger wrote:

> Hi,
> We ( me and my teammate ) try to write a graphical client in Java.
> We made our first stable version ( pgInhaler.ifrance.com for ones who want
> to try it ...) and we need some JDBC features for next version :
>  - catch EXPLAIN plan
>  - cancel QUERY
> Is it possible ?
>
> Suggestions and fellings about this project will be welcome.
>
> Nicolas.

Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

От
"Nicolas Verger"
Дата:

Ok, the getWarnings() method works on the Connection but not on the Statment
nor ResultSet... Why ?
I look in the source and it's just a little patch to do it.
I'm not used in GPL licence so if I make this patch what may I do with it ?

I watched for cancel query too, and I may work on it too ...

Nicolas

Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Nicolas,

Just send your patch to the list and we will include it in version 7.3

Dave

> AFAIK you should be able to get the EXPLAIN plan from the jdbc driver.

> All INFO messages from the backend are treated as warnings by the jdbc

> driver.  If you do a getWarnings() you should be able to get the
> explain plan information.
>
> Cancel query is on the jdbc todo list.  However I don't know of anyone

> that plans to implement it.  So a patch that adds that functionality
> would be welcome.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry

Ok, the getWarnings() method works on the Connection but not on the
Statment nor ResultSet... Why ? I look in the source and it's just a
little patch to do it. I'm not used in GPL licence so if I make this
patch what may I do with it ?

I watched for cancel query too, and I may work on it too ...

Nicolas

Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

Дата:
> > Cancel query is on the jdbc todo list.  However I don't know of anyone
> > that plans to implement it.  So a patch that adds that functionality
> > would be welcome.
> >
> > thanks,
> > --Barry
> >

> Ok, the getWarnings() method works on the Connection but not on the Statment
> nor ResultSet... Why ?
> I look in the source and it's just a little patch to do it.
> I'm not used in GPL licence so if I make this patch what may I do with it ?
>
> I watched for cancel query too, and I may work on it too ...

We are BSD license.  Is that what you meant?  Sure, send it over to jdbc
list or patches list.

Patch : Re: JDBC improvements

От
"Nicolas Verger"
Дата:
> > Ok, the getWarnings() method works on the Connection but not on
> the Statment
> > nor ResultSet... Why ?
> > I look in the source and it's just a little patch to do it.
> > I'm not used in GPL licence so if I make this patch what may I
> do with it ?
> >
> > I watched for cancel query too, and I may work on it too ...
>
> We are BSD license.  Is that what you meant?  Sure, send it over to jdbc
> list or patches list.

Ok, so I send the first patch. It correct the propagation of the SQLWarnings
to the Statement and the ResultSet

Change are :
Add method addWarnings(SQLWarning) into org.postgresql.ResultSet
Add method addWarning(String) into org.postgresql.Statement
Modify method execute() into org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor
    - Clear the warning of the current statement before process the query
    - Set the new warnings to the statement too
    - Add the statement warning to the ResultSet when the query is processed

Вложения

Re: Patch : Re: JDBC improvements

Дата:
I will keep this and apply for 7.3.  Thanks.

> > > Ok, the getWarnings() method works on the Connection but not on
> > the Statment
> > > nor ResultSet... Why ?
> > > I look in the source and it's just a little patch to do it.
> > > I'm not used in GPL licence so if I make this patch what may I
> > do with it ?
> > >
> > > I watched for cancel query too, and I may work on it too ...
> >
> > We are BSD license.  Is that what you meant?  Sure, send it over to jdbc
> > list or patches list.
>
> Ok, so I send the first patch. It correct the propagation of the SQLWarnings
> to the Statement and the ResultSet
>
> Change are :
> Add method addWarnings(SQLWarning) into org.postgresql.ResultSet
> Add method addWarning(String) into org.postgresql.Statement
> Modify method execute() into org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor
>     - Clear the warning of the current statement before process the query
>     - Set the new warnings to the statement too
>     - Add the statement warning to the ResultSet when the query is processed

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

psql interval type

От
"Hermann RANGAMANA"
Дата:
hi all,

what is the java.sql matching type for an psql  "interval" type ? And what
flavor of getXXX method of Resultset is used to retrieve a data of such a
type ?

Thanx for your help

--hermann

Re: [HACKERS] JDBC improvements

Дата:
Just send over the patch and we will add it for 7.3.

Nicolas Verger wrote:
> [...]

Дата: