Обсуждение: Bug found in the driver

Bug found in the driver

От
Denis Bucher
Дата:
Hello !

I wrote the following message on 16 July, 26 July and 2nd of august without any
answer but at last someone told me I should post my mail here !

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=dc3d93bb1b568bcd,1
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=333d8b98593550b7,1

I hope it will be the right place to correct the bug :-)

Please look at message number 1 in the P.S.

Denis Bucher

P.S. MESSAGE 1:
From: Denis BUCHER (dbucher@horus.ch)
Subject: Bug found in driver ! (JDBC postgresql driver)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.jdbc
Date: 2001-07-16 06:10:24 PST
Hello !

I've FOUND A BUG in the postgres JDBC driver !

If you want to see the source online :
http://cs.baylor.edu/~speegle/5335/org/postgresql/

Please look at Driver.class :

     } catch(Exception ex2) {
         throw new PSQLException("postgresql.unusual",ex2);

But it doesn't print the exception ex2 !!!  I am not an enough
good Java programmer to understand why, but I've found how
to circumvent it :

     } catch(Exception ex2) {
         throw new PSQLException("Unexpected exception : " + ex2);

Now :

  --> Is someone able to CORRECT THE BUG ?

Thanks a lot !

Denis Bucher

MESSAGE 2: