RE: Bug found in the driver

От Dave Cramer
Тема RE: Bug found in the driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Denis,

Do you get this error with current binaries from

http://jdbc.fastcrypt.com

Regards,

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Denis Bucher
Sent: August 8, 2001 7:44 AM
To: Steve Wampler
Cc: PGSQL-JDBC
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Bug found in the driver

At 11:07 07.08.01 -0700, you wrote:

Hello !

> > I agree with you. But is there someone that could find the exact
> > place to correct it ? This would be nice... And it would spare some
> > time in the mailling-lists, just do a google.com search at "unusual"

> > and you'll see
> ;-))
>
>I thought I'd take more of a look at this (because I don't want to do
>the work I'm supposed to be doing!).  It looks for all the world to me
>that the code is correct and that somehow MessageFormat.format() isn't
>working properly.  This is, of course, unlikely, since I'm pretty sure
>Sun has tested MessageFormat quite a bit!
>
>Do you have a simple test case I can run that will show the problem?
>There's not much I can do without being able to reproduce the problem.

It is very easy to reproduce the bug !

Just change you pg_hba.conf so that the host on which you are has got no
entry. And you'll see :

Instead of saying "unusual error, please record the following exception
: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.200.4, user postgres database
test" (or something like that) it will say only :

"unusual error, please record the following exception : {0}"

Denis