Van:    Olaf Mittelstaedt [SMTP:MSTAEDT@va-sigi.va.fh-ulm.de]
Verzonden:    dinsdag 7 juli 1998 13:05
Aan:    Alexander Elsenaar
Onderwerp:    Re: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application

> I have got an 16 bits application with I want to use with PostgreSQL via ODBC. On the  PSQLODBC-site I found
> that this i possible if the application is running on Windows95. This is the case.
>
> Can anyone tell my how I can configure the 16-bits ODBC-Manager for use with PSQLODBC?

You can't use the 16Bit ODBC manager to create/configure 32Bit ODBC
data sources. And you don't need it because you can use any data
source created with the 32Bit ODBC manager ODBCAD32.EXE in your 16Bit
applications!

[Alexander Elsenaar]  Thanks voor your reaction but my problem is bigger. The application I am talking about is calling
directlythe 16 -bits ODBC-manager (ODBCINST.DLL, found this out using Wine!). It is not a regular application but a
developmentenvironment. (Clarion for Windows 2.003)  and I am trying to import a table definition. Any other sugestion?

Re: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application

От
James Olin Oden

>  It is not a regular application but a development environment. (Clarion for Windows 2.003)  and I am trying to
importa table definition. Any other sugestion?

  If this is just a one time thing and you are going from Clarion to Postgress, just export the DBF files (I believe
Clarionis DBF formated) as SDF format, and transfer this file over to the Postgres machine.  Once there use the copy
commandto get them in, or write a quick awk script to generate a bunch of selects.

If your going the other way do a select on the table selecting all fields, such as:

   select * from blah;

write this select statement to a file and then type:

  psql -f  queryfile > results

Now you have a fixed length text file (with little bars between each field).  With a little massaging you should be
ableto export it into Clarion.

These are one time solutions though, and will not help you if you need to do this over and over again...james