Re: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application

От James Olin Oden
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

>  It is not a regular application but a development environment. (Clarion for Windows 2.003)  and I am trying to
importa table definition. Any other sugestion?

  If this is just a one time thing and you are going from Clarion to Postgress, just export the DBF files (I believe
Clarionis DBF formated) as SDF format, and transfer this file over to the Postgres machine.  Once there use the copy
commandto get them in, or write a quick awk script to generate a bunch of selects.

If your going the other way do a select on the table selecting all fields, such as:

   select * from blah;

write this select statement to a file and then type:

  psql -f  queryfile > results

Now you have a fixed length text file (with little bars between each field).  With a little massaging you should be
ableto export it into Clarion.

These are one time solutions though, and will not help you if you need to do this over and over again...james

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Already asked?
От: Peter T Mount
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] pb compiling JDBC interface