Обсуждение: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

От
Emanuel Calvo
Дата:

Вложения

Re: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Emanuel Calvo
<emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I realized that the output of the CREATE RULE has not a detailed
> output for the "events" parameter.
>
> But the question here is that I'm not sure which format follow:
>
> { INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | SELECT}
>
> or
>
>     INSERT
>     UPDATE
>     DELETE
>     SELECT
> - --
>

> I attach a patch for each one.
>
> I sent a mail to pgsql-docs but no response has been received.
The list of events possible is already listed in the section
"Parameters" => "event":
Page: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-createrule.html
Quote: "The event is one of SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE."
Michael

Re: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Emanuel Calvo
> <emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > I realized that the output of the CREATE RULE has not a detailed
> > output for the "events" parameter.
> >
> The list of events possible is already listed in the section
> "Parameters" => "event":

AFAIU, the synopsis is used to build the help command (\h) in psql.
Currently in that help the events doesn't appear.
btw, CREATE TRIGGER already looks this way:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createtrigger.html

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Emanuel Calvo
>> <emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> > I realized that the output of the CREATE RULE has not a detailed
>> > output for the "events" parameter.
>> >
>> The list of events possible is already listed in the section
>> "Parameters" => "event":
>
> AFAIU, the synopsis is used to build the help command (\h) in psql.
> Currently in that help the events doesn't appear.
> btw, CREATE TRIGGER already looks this way:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createtrigger.html
You are right, I forgot this one... In this case patch 2 could be backpatched...
--
Michael

Re: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Emanuel Calvo
<emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I realized that the output of the CREATE RULE has not a detailed
> output for the "events" parameter.
>
> But the question here is that I'm not sure which format follow:
>
> { INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | SELECT}
>
> or
>
>     INSERT
>     UPDATE
>     DELETE
>     SELECT
> - --
>

> I attach a patch for each one.

Though I'm not sure the right policy of the format in synopsis, ISTM that
the following format is suitable in this case, i.e., if the value list
is very simple.
Patch attached.

    SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE

Fujii Masao

Вложения

Re: Patch for CREATE RULE sgml -- Was in: [DOCS]

Дата:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 09:51:07PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Emanuel Calvo
> <emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I realized that the output of the CREATE RULE has not a detailed
> > output for the "events" parameter.
> >
> > But the question here is that I'm not sure which format follow:
> >
> > { INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | SELECT}
> >
> > or
> >
> >     INSERT
> >     UPDATE
> >     DELETE
> >     SELECT
> > - --
> >

> > I attach a patch for each one.
>
> Though I'm not sure the right policy of the format in synopsis, ISTM that
> the following format is suitable in this case, i.e., if the value list
> is very simple.
> Patch attached.
>
>     SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE

Patch applied.