Обсуждение: new index methods

new index methods

От
"Christian Portugal"
hi all:<br />This is my first time in this list so .. could you bring me a litle help? my work consist in implementing
aindexation method in the postgres db ..i have well read the documentation about postgres and some meseira's manuals
but i don't  where begin  ....  i would like a little help about this...   if somebody can give me some advices i thank
itto him so much. <br />christ(sorry by the english but i 'm learning)<br />

Re: new index methods

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:10:53AM -0500, Christian Portugal wrote:
> hi all:
> This is my first time in this list so .. could you bring me a litle help? my
> work consist in implementing a indexation method in the postgres db ..i have
> well read the documentation about postgres and some meseira's manuals but  i
> don't  where begin  ....  i would like a little help about this...   if
> somebody can give me some advices i thank it to him so much.

Do you want to create a completely new index type (in the style of GiST
and GIN), you want to look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexam.html

If you want to create a index on a newly created type, look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexes.html

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Re: new index methods

От
"Christian Portugal"
Дата:
Thanks so much, but well i have well read that information and for to be more specific "Generalized search tress for database system "  and others, but in no one tell me where begin because is too much code .  now sorry by the question but  for develop my structure  can i do that with the sources that i dowload from the page ? or this are special sources?
Thanks for all
Christ

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Re: new index methods

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 05:00:18AM -0500, Christian Portugal wrote:
> Thanks so much, but well i have well read that information and for to be
> more specific "Generalized search tress for database system "  and others,
> but in no one tell me where begin because is too much code .  now sorry by
> the question but  for develop my structure  can i do that with the sources
> that i dowload from the page ? or this are special sources?

It's a bit hard to help if you can't say which of the cases below you
want. They are conpletely different code, completely different
concepts, completely different source code.

Alternativly, tell us in a bit more detail what your goal in, then we
might be able to work it out also.

Do you want this:
> >Do you want to create a completely new index type (in the style of GiST
> >and GIN), you want to look here:
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexam.html

Or this?