Re: new index methods

От Christian Portugal
Тема Re: new index methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks so much, but well i have well read that information and for to be more specific "Generalized search tress for database system "  and others, but in no one tell me where begin because is too much code .  now sorry by the question but  for develop my structure  can i do that with the sources that i dowload from the page ? or this are special sources?
Thanks for all
Christ

2006/12/3, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>:
On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:10:53AM -0500, Christian Portugal wrote:
> hi all:
> This is my first time in this list so .. could you bring me a litle help? my
> work consist in implementing a indexation method in the postgres db ..i have
> well read the documentation about postgres and some meseira's manuals but  i
> don't  where begin  ....  i would like a little help about this...   if
> somebody can give me some advices i thank it to him so much.

Do you want to create a completely new index type (in the style of GiST
and GIN), you want to look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexam.html

If you want to create a index on a newly created type, look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexes.html

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/