Re: new index methods

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: new index methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 05:00:18AM -0500, Christian Portugal wrote:
> Thanks so much, but well i have well read that information and for to be
> more specific "Generalized search tress for database system "  and others,
> but in no one tell me where begin because is too much code .  now sorry by
> the question but  for develop my structure  can i do that with the sources
> that i dowload from the page ? or this are special sources?

It's a bit hard to help if you can't say which of the cases below you
want. They are conpletely different code, completely different
concepts, completely different source code.

Alternativly, tell us in a bit more detail what your goal in, then we
might be able to work it out also.

Do you want this:
> >Do you want to create a completely new index type (in the style of GiST
> >and GIN), you want to look here:
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexam.html

Or this?
> >If you want to create a btree/hash/rtree index on a newly created type, look here:
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexes.html

Have a nice day,