Обсуждение: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
Hi,
the NLS is failed for:

$ make install prefix=/home/PG_DEVEL/X/ . .[cut] . .
for lang in de; do \ /bin/sh ../../../config/install-sh -c -m 644 $lang.mo
/usr/lib/postgresql/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES/postgres.mo || exit 1; \
done
cp: cannot create regular file
/usr/lib/postgresql/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/#
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^use directly prefix from ./configure and ignore the prefix option
for 'make'. All other PG stuff are correct for this.
        Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

Re: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Karel Zak writes:

> $ make install prefix=/home/PG_DEVEL/X/

> cp: cannot create regular file
> /usr/lib/postgresql/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/#

I have fixed this.  Note, however, that this probably won't do what you
want anyway, because the compiled-in path references will still use the
prefix you specified to configure.  The only uses for "make install
prefix=elsewhere" are some rather specific circumstances where the
location specified for installation will be mapped the location used at
use time, e.g. with symlinks (e.g., using GNU Stow), or with an AFS file
system.  If you simply change your mind about the installation prefix you
need to make distclean first and rebuild everything.

Re: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:00:40PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Karel Zak writes:
>
> > $ make install prefix=/home/PG_DEVEL/X/
>
> > cp: cannot create regular file
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/#
>
> I have fixed this.  Note, however, that this probably won't do what you
> want anyway, because the compiled-in path references will still use the
> prefix you specified to configure.  The only uses for "make install
> prefix=elsewhere" are some rather specific circumstances where the
> location specified for installation will be mapped the location used at
> use time, e.g. with symlinks (e.g., using GNU Stow), or with an AFS file
> system.  If you simply change your mind about the installation prefix you
> need to make distclean first and rebuild everything.
Yes, you are right. But "make install prefix=..." can be used for
package building if you want install all to some temp directory and
compress it.
            Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

Re: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Karel Zak writes:

>  Yes, you are right. But "make install prefix=..." can be used for
> package building if you want install all to some temp directory and
> compress it.

In that case it's much better to use "make install DESTDIR=...".