Re: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: failed: make install prefix=/foo/bar
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:00:40PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Karel Zak writes:
>
> > $ make install prefix=/home/PG_DEVEL/X/
>
> > cp: cannot create regular file
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/#
>
> I have fixed this.  Note, however, that this probably won't do what you
> want anyway, because the compiled-in path references will still use the
> prefix you specified to configure.  The only uses for "make install
> prefix=elsewhere" are some rather specific circumstances where the
> location specified for installation will be mapped the location used at
> use time, e.g. with symlinks (e.g., using GNU Stow), or with an AFS file
> system.  If you simply change your mind about the installation prefix you
> need to make distclean first and rebuild everything.
Yes, you are right. But "make install prefix=..." can be used for
package building if you want install all to some temp directory and
compress it.
            Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Lincoln Yeoh
Сообщение: Re: Re: Notes about int8 sequences
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal