Обсуждение: Re: Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation

Re: Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> These (docbook) tools produced a lot of warnings, is this default?

afaik, no. I've got a Mandrake 7.0.x machine at home, and a 7.0 laptop
which is apparently not quite the same thing since one was upgraded from
6.1 and the other was a clean install. But my laptop produces *no*
warnings or errors when building the Postgres 7.0.0 docs. Not sure about
the current state (e.g. pg-7.0.2) but it may be slightly broken. Will
check -- actually, I've just checked and you are right, the current tree
produces fatal errors from three files, though they will be easy to fix
up.

> > > I think I could test Mandrake RPMS from time to time.
> > Do you work with the cooker folks? If so, then perhaps you could
> > test and post Mandrake-specific RPMs which I've built? That would be
> > a big help...
> I'm not actually running the cooker distro, but I often commit
> RPMS to the cooker. I will upgrade to 7.1 next week, so that I'm
> not that far from the cooker. I had some contact with Lenny Cartier
> (Mandrakesoft) and think he would accept me as a maintainer for
> postgresql.
> I would post your RPMS if you want.

Great! I'm cc'ing Lamar Owens, who is the primary Redhat RPM maintainer.
My last try at building pg-7.0 RPMs for Mandrake from Lamar's RH
.src.rpm was a complete success with no additional patches required,
though I have not had a chance to try the pg-7.0.2 RPM build and have
not posted the results.

For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
Mandrake's web site.

btw, Lamar, can we put the .ps.gz doc files into the RPM distro, if you
haven't already done so? Or should we break them out into separate RPMs,
say for hardcopy and hardcopy-A4 or something like that?
                      - Thomas

Re: Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > > Do you work with the cooker folks? If so, then perhaps you could
> > > test and post Mandrake-specific RPMs which I've built? That would be
> > > a big help...
> > I'm not actually running the cooker distro, but I often commit
> > RPMS to the cooker. I will upgrade to 7.1 next week, so that I'm
> > not that far from the cooker. I had some contact with Lenny Cartier
> > (Mandrakesoft) and think he would accept me as a maintainer for
> > postgresql.
> > I would post your RPMS if you want.
> Great! I'm cc'ing Lamar Owens, who is the primary Redhat RPM maintainer.
> My last try at building pg-7.0 RPMs for Mandrake from Lamar's RH
> .src.rpm was a complete success with no additional patches required,
> though I have not had a chance to try the pg-7.0.2 RPM build and have
> not posted the results.

Interesting to see any differences, as the spec file itself has changed
some since the 7.0 series.  I am trying to make this spec file buildable
on more than just RedHat -- so, testers are more than welcome.  I
already am getting contributions for at least one non-RedHat
distribution for PowerPC from Murray Todd Williams (which RPM's I am
putting on ftp.postgresql.org).  The more the merrier!  The goal, of
course, is a single source RPM that everybody simply rebuilds, which
spec file simply Does The Right Thing (TM) for each distribution.  I am
very grateful to the fine folks at RedHat for their help in making the
portability goal a little closer.
> For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
> important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
> and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
> Mandrake's web site.

Yes!  Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
what it takes to get it to build right (including policy-type things,
such as bzip instead of gzip, or pgcc instead of egcs, or different
initscripts directory structure, etc.).  Be sure to include any other
patches that may need to be included, and I'll try to get things
incorporated right away.  As I only have RedHat 6.2+ boxen at the moment
(soon to get access to a SPARC, hopefully), I can only build and test on
them.

I was at one point going to get and install SuSE, Mandrake, Caldera, AND
RedHat all on one box, but that plan proved unweildy at best.  Better to
get a SuSE person, a Mandrake (since Mandrake is diverging more and more
from its RedHat roots) person, and a Caldera person to be that
distribution's 'expert', who then helps me take the RedHat SRPM and
massage it to rebuild smoothly on each distribution.  Plus, we can then
get people with Alphas, SPARCs, PPC's, or even IA-64's to do builds and
suggest changes.  As well as getting reports from other RPM-based
distributions....

Also, when submitting patches to the spec file, include a copy of the
output of 'rpm --showrc', so I can see what kind of RPM environment you
have.
> btw, Lamar, can we put the .ps.gz doc files into the RPM distro, if you
> haven't already done so? Or should we break them out into separate RPMs,
> say for hardcopy and hardcopy-A4 or something like that?

I can, if that's what's wanted.  I don't have a preference as to whether
it's still in the main package, or in a separate docs package, as, prior
to 7.0.1 the postscript stuff was in the main package.  Just let me know
where the source .ps.gz files need to come from, so I don't get the
wrong ones. :-)

It would be preferable to have a versioned tarball of them available, as
there are already a larger number of source files in the RPM than I
would like.

Let me know....

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
> I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.

Great!

> - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed

Ooh. That would seem to be at odds with the "pristine source" philosophy
of RPM, but I'll guess that this topic has been covered extensively
elsewhere? Are we sure that this is not just a suggestion from Mandrake
that the sources *should* be available with bzip2 compression?

> - extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their
>   destination

Is this related to the previous point? I haven't looked at the details,
but I'm not sure why Mandrake and RH would need to be different here.

> - bzip2 all man pages

Hmm. This is for the man pages after installation from the RPM, right?

All in all these are pretty small changes for two independent distros,
though it is a shame that even these diffs need to exist. The ".bz2 on
input files" is particularly annoying, since those compression formats
are *not* available in the original tarball distros.

> That's all, I will upload the SRPM to the Mandrake incoming directory
> in the later evening and will notify Lenny Cartier (MandrakeSoft).

Lamar, would it be possible to carry (some of) these differences in the
same spec file? *So much* is in common that it would be nice to have the
info together. But in either case, this is great progress. Thanks Jan!
                    - Thomas

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > > For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
> > > important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
> > > and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
> > > Mandrake's web site.

> > Yes!  Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
> I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
> I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.
> - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed
> - extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
> - bzip2 all man pages
> That's all, I will upload the SRPM to the Mandrake incoming directory
> in the later evening and will notify Lenny Cartier (MandrakeSoft).

Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'?  I'm curious if Mandrake
is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
a conditional.

Thanks for the rebuild and the spec!

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'?  I'm curious if Mandrake
> > is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
> > Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
> > a conditional.
> >
> Here it is:
> -14: __bzip2    %{_bzip2bin}
> -14: __gzip     %{_gzipbin}
> -14: _bzip2bin  /usr/bin/bzip2
> -14: _gzipbin   /bin/gzip

Can't use them... :-(

> -14: _vendor    mandrake

But I _can_ use this.  RedHat sets this, predictably, to redhat.  Most
other things are easy -- there are macros for nearly everything you need
that hide all details (such as the /usr/src/redhat versus /usr/src/RPM
and others deal).

Thus, Thomas, to answer your question -- YES, we can have a single spec
file do both systems.  Just some conditionals, and judicious use of the
defined macros and envvars.

And this is why I need the rpm --showrc results with spec file diffs (or
examples)... :-).

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
I can't find the original message, so I'll have to do some indirect answering.

Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> Jan Dittberner wrote:
>
> > > Yes!  Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
>
> > I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
> > I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.
>
> > - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left
> > uncompressed

If the postgresql team releases bz2 - good. If there is no file

ftp://foo.bar.com/xyzzy.tar.bz2

but just

ftp://foo.bar.com/xyzzy.tar.gz

then using that URL is just lying. Don't do that. Surely Mandrake
doesn't do that?

> > - extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
> > - bzip2 all man pages

Don't. This should be handled automatically with the "--buildpolicy"
flag[1].  like we do. Besides, bzipping man pages is in the "use bzip2,
even though there is no point in it" category.

[1] Like this: "rpm -ba --buildpolicy redhat postgresql.spec"

No need to strip or compress explicitly.
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> I can't find the original message, so I'll have to do some indirect answering.

[If you wish, I'll pipe you the original]
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > Jan Dittberner wrote:
> > > I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
> > > I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.
> >
> > > - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left
> > > uncompressed
> If the postgresql team releases bz2 - good. If there is no file
> ftp://foo.bar.com/xyzzy.tar.bz2
> but just
> ftp://foo.bar.com/xyzzy.tar.gz
> then using that URL is just lying. Don't do that. Surely Mandrake
> doesn't do that?

This source re-compress is not needed, really.  After all, the whole
source RPM is compressed....  And, yes, as Thomas already commented,
this violates the pristine source issue.  No, ftp.postgresql.org doesn't
do bzip2, yet (Marc??)
> > > - bzip2 all man pages
> Don't. This should be handled automatically with the "--buildpolicy"
> flag[1].  like we do. Besides, bzipping man pages is in the "use bzip2,
> even though there is no point in it" category.
> [1] Like this: "rpm -ba --buildpolicy redhat postgresql.spec"
> No need to strip or compress explicitly.

Which is why you had pulled the stripping stuff out of the spec... also
explains a portion of why the insistence on %{_mandir}, as that may be a
clue to rpm to apply 'policy' ??

Ok, now just _where_ is this '--buildpolicy' deal documented -- it sure
isn't in the man page on my 6.2 box.  What sort of config file is used,
etc. I certainly like the sound of it, but have never heard of it
before.

If it is a new version of RPM thingy, well.... ;-)

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Jan Dittberner
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'?  I'm curious if Mandrake
> is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
> Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
> a conditional.

Here it is:

--8<---------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCHITECTURE AND OS:
build arch            : i586
compatible build archs: i586 k6 i486 i386 noarch
build os              : Linux
compatible build os's : Linux
install arch          : i586
install os            : Linux
compatible archs      : i586 k6 i486 i386 noarch
compatible os's       : Linux

RPMRC VALUES:
macrofiles            :
/usr/lib/rpm/macros:/usr/lib/rpm/i586-linux/macros:/etc/rpm/macros:/etc/rpm/i586-linux/macros:~/.rpmmacros
optflags              : -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -pipe -s -mpentium -mcpu=pentium
-march=pentium-ffast-math -fexpensive-optimizations -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
========================
-14: GNUconfigure(MC:)     %{__libtoolize} --copy --force  %{__aclocal}  %{__autoheader}  %{__automake}  %{__autoconf}
%{-C:_mydir="`pwd`";%{-M:%{__mkdir} -p %{-C*};} cd %{-C*};}  CFLAGS="%{optflags}" %{-C:${_mydir}}%{!-C:.}/configure
%{_target_platform}--prefix=%{_prefix} %*   %{-C:cd ${_mydir}; unset _mydir}

-14: __aclocal    aclocal
-14: __autoconf    autoconf
-14: __autoheader    autoheader
-14: __automake    automake
-14: __bzip2    %{_bzip2bin}
-14: __cat    /bin/cat
-14: __chgrp    /bin/chgrp
-14: __chmod    /bin/chmod
-14: __chown    /bin/chown
-14: __cp    /bin/cp
-14: __cpio    /bin/cpio
-14: __find_provides    /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides
-14: __find_requires    /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires
-14: __gzip    %{_gzipbin}
-14: __id    /usr/bin/id
-14: __install    %(which install)
-14: __libtoolize    libtoolize
-14: __make    /usr/bin/make
-14: __mkdir    /bin/mkdir
-14: __mv    /bin/mv
-14: __patch    /usr/bin/patch
-14: __ranlib    %(which ranlib)
-14: __rm    /bin/rm
-14: __strip    %(which strip)
-14: __tar    /bin/tar
-14: _arch    i386
-14: _bindir    %{_exec_prefix}/bin
-14: _build    %{_host}
-14: _build_alias    %{_host_alias}
-14: _build_cpu    %{_host_cpu}
-14: _build_os    %{_host_os}
-14: _build_vendor    %{_host_vendor}
-14: _builddir    %{_topdir}/BUILD
-14: _buildshell    /bin/sh
-14: _bzip2bin    /usr/bin/bzip2
-14: _datadir    %{_prefix}/share
-14: _dbpath    %{_var}/lib/rpm
-14: _defaultdocdir    %{_usr}/doc
-14: _exec_prefix    %{_prefix}
-14: _fixgroup    [ `%{__id} -u` = '0' ] && %{__chgrp} -Rhf root
-14: _fixowner    [ `%{__id} -u` = '0' ] && %{__chown} -Rhf root
-14: _fixperms    %{__chmod} -Rf a+rX,g-w,o-w
-14: _gzipbin    /bin/gzip
-14: _host    i686-pc-linux-gnu
-14: _host_alias    i686-pc-linux-gnu
-14: _host_cpu    i686
-14: _host_os    linux-gnu
-14: _host_vendor    pc
-14: _includedir    %{_prefix}/include
-14: _infodir    %{_prefix}/info
-14: _instchangelog    5
-14: _libdir    %{_exec_prefix}/lib
-14: _libexecdir    %{_exec_prefix}/libexec
-14: _localstatedir    %{_prefix}/var
-14: _mandir    %{_prefix}/man
-14: _oldincludedir    /usr/include
-14: _os    linux
-14: _packager    Jan Dittberner <jan@jan-dittberner.de>
-14: _pgpbin    /usr/bin/pgp
-14: _preScriptEnvironment
RPM_SOURCE_DIR="%{_sourcedir}"RPM_BUILD_DIR="%{_builddir}"RPM_OPT_FLAGS="%{optflags}"RPM_ARCH="%{_arch}"RPM_OS="%{_os}"export
RPM_SOURCE_DIRRPM_BUILD_DIR RPM_OPT_FLAGS RPM_ARCH RPM_OSRPM_DOC_DIR="%{_docdir}"export
RPM_DOC_DIRRPM_PACKAGE_NAME="%{name}"RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION="%{version}"RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE="%{release}"export
RPM_PACKAGE_NAMERPM_PACKAGE_VERSION RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE%{?buildroot:RPM_BUILD_ROOT="%{buildroot}"export
RPM_BUILD_ROOT}
-14: _prefix    /usr
-14: _rpmdir    %{_topdir}/RPMS
-14: _rpmfilename    %%{ARCH}/%%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm
-14: _sbindir    %{_exec_prefix}/sbin
-14: _sharedstatedir    %{_prefix}/com
-14: _signature    none
-14: _sourcedir    %{_topdir}/SOURCES
-14: _specdir    %{_topdir}/SPECS
-14: _srcrpmdir    %{_topdir}/SRPMS
-14: _sysconfdir    %{_prefix}/etc
-11: _target    i586-linux
-14: _target_alias    %{_host_alias}
-11= _target_cpu    i586
-11= _target_os    linux
-14: _target_platform    %{_target_cpu}-%{_vendor}-%{_target_os}
-14: _target_vendor    %{_host_vendor}
-14: _tmppath    %{_var}/tmp
-14: _topdir    /home/jd9/RPM
-14: _usr    /usr
-14: _usrsrc    %{_usr}/src
-14: _var    /var
-14: _vendor    mandrake
-14: configure     %{?__libtoolize:[ -f configure.in ] && %{__libtoolize} --copy --force}  CFLAGS="%{optflags}"
./configure%{_target_platform} --prefix=%{_prefix}

-14: nil    %{!?nil}
-11: optflags    -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -pipe -s -mpentium -mcpu=pentium -march=pentium
-ffast-math-fexpensive-optimizations -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2

-14: perl_archlib    %(eval "`perl -V:installarchlib`"; echo $installarchlib)
-14: perl_sitearch    %(eval "`perl -V:installsitearch`"; echo $installsitearch)
-14: requires_eq    %(LC_ALL="C" rpm -q --queryformat 'Requires:%%{NAME} = %%{VERSION}' %1| grep -v "is not")
-15: sigtype    none
======================== active 90 empty 0

--8<---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Jan Dittberner
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> > For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
> > important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
> > and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
> > Mandrake's web site.
>
> Yes!  Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
> what it takes to get it to build right (including policy-type things,
> such as bzip instead of gzip, or pgcc instead of egcs, or different
> initscripts directory structure, etc.).  Be sure to include any other
> patches that may need to be included, and I'll try to get things
> incorporated right away.  As I only have RedHat 6.2+ boxen at the moment
> (soon to get access to a SPARC, hopefully), I can only build and test on
> them.

I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.

- pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed
- extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
- bzip2 all man pages

That's all, I will upload the SRPM to the Mandrake incoming directory
in the later evening and will notify Lenny Cartier (MandrakeSoft).

I've attached my spec file.

JanSummary: PostgreSQL client programs and libraries.
Name: postgresql
Version: 7.0.2
Release: 2mdk
Copyright: BSD
Group: Applications/Databases
Source0: postgresql-%{version}.tar.bz2
Source1: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/jdbc6.5-1.1.jar.bz2
Source2: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/jdbc6.5-1.2.jar.bz2
Source3: postgresql.init-%{version}.bz2
Source6: README.rpm.postgresql-%{version}.bz2
Source5: ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v%{version}/postgresql-%{version}.tar.bz2.md5.bz2
Source7: pg-migration-scripts-%{version}.tar.bz2
Source8: logrotate.postgresql-%{version}.bz2
Source9: pg_options-%{version}.bz2
Source10: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/jdbc7.0-1.1.jar.bz2
Source11: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar.bz2
Source12: postgresql-dump.1.bz2
Patch0: postgresql-%{version}-alpha.patch.bz2
Patch1: rpm-pgsql-%{version}-%{release}.patch.bz2
Prefix: /usr
Prereq: /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/ldconfig /usr/sbin/useradd
Vendor: Mandrakesoft

%description
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management system
(DBMS) that supports almost all SQL constructs (including
transactions, subselects and user-defined types and functions). The
postgresql package includes the client programs and libraries that
you´ll need to access a PostgreSQL DBMS server.  These PostgreSQL
client programs are programs that directly manipulate the internal
structure of PostgreSQL databases on a PostgreSQL server. These client
programs can be located on the same machine with the PostgreSQL
server, or may be on a remote machine which accesses a PostgreSQL
server over a network connection. This package contains the client
libraries for C and C++, as well as command-line utilities for
managing PostgreSQL databases on a PostgreSQL server.

If you want to manipulate a PostgreSQL database on a remote PostgreSQL
server, you need this package. You also need to install this package
if you´re installing the postgresql-server package.

%package server
Group: Applications/Databases
Prereq: /usr/sbin/useradd
Requires: postgresql = %{version}

%description server
The postgresql-server package includes the programs needed to create
and run a PostgreSQL server, which will in turn allow you to create
and maintain PostgreSQL databases.  PostgreSQL is an advanced
Object-Relational database management system (DBMS) that supports
almost all SQL constructs (including transactions, subselects and
user-defined types and functions). You should install
postgresql-server if you want to create and maintain your own
PostgreSQL databases and/or your own PostgreSQL server. You also need
to install the postgresql and postgresql-devel packages.

%package devel
Group: Development/Libraries
Requires: postgresql = %{version}

%description devel
The postgresql-devel package contains the header files and libraries
needed to compile C or C++ applications which will directly interact
with a PostgreSQL database management server and the ecpg Embedded C
Postgres preprocessor. You need to install this package if you want to
develop applications which will interact with a PostgreSQL server. If
you´re installing postgresql-server, you need to install this
package.

%package tcl
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: tcl >= 8.0, postgresql = %{version}

%description tcl
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system.  The postgresql-tcl package contains the libpgtcl client library,
the pg-enchanced pgtclsh, and the PL/Tcl procedural language for the backend.

%package tk
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: tcl >= 8.0, tk >= 8.0, postgresql = %{version}

%description tk
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system.  The postgresql-tk package contains the pgaccess
program. Pgaccess is a graphical front end, written in Tcl/Tk, for the
psql and related PostgreSQL client programs.

%package odbc
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: postgresql = %{version}

%description odbc
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system. The postgresql-odbc package includes the ODBC (Open DataBase
Connectivity) driver and sample configuration files needed for
applications to access a PostgreSQL database using ODBC.

%package perl
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: perl >= 5.004-4, postgresql = %{version}

%description perl
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system. The postgresql-perl package includes a module for developers
to use when writing Perl code for accessing a PostgreSQL database.

#%package plperl
#Group: Applications/Databases
#Requires: perl >= 5.004-4, postgresql = %{version}

#%description plperl
#PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
#system. The postgresql-plperl package provides a perl-based
#procedural language.

%package python
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: python >= 1.5, postgresql = %{version}

%description python
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system.  The postgresql-python package includes a module for
developers to use when writing Python code for accessing a PostgreSQL
database.

%package jdbc
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: postgresql = %{version}

%description jdbc
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system. The postgresql-jdbc package includes the .jar file needed for
Java programs to access a PostgreSQL database.

%package test
Group: Applications/Databases
Requires: postgresql = %{version}

%description test
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management
system. The postgresql-test package includes the sources and pre-built
binaries of various tests for the PostgreSQL database management
system, including regression tests and benchmarks.

%prep
%setup -q

# The alpha patches are not trivial, so wrap in ifarch-endif block
#
%ifarch alpha
%patch0 -p1
%endif

%patch1 -p1

%build
pushd src
# XXX libtoolize dinna work
# WHAT is 'libtoolize???' LRO
# a program distributed with the libtool package

#cp /usr/share/libtool/config.* .
CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
%ifarch alpha
    ./configure --enable-hba --enable-locale --prefix=/usr\
    --with-perl --enable-multibyte\
    --with-tcl --with-tk --with-x \
    --with-odbc --with-java \
    --with-python --with-template=linux_alpha
%else

./configure --enable-hba --enable-locale  --prefix=/usr\
    --with-perl --enable-multibyte \
    --with-tcl --with-tk --with-x \
    --with-odbc --with-java \
    --with-python
%endif

make COPT="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" all

# pl/perl build, courtesy Karl DeBisschop (Thanks, Karl!)
# disabled in this build due to problems with build.

#pushd pl/plperl
#ar -x /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/CORE/libperl.a
#gcc -shared -o libperl.so *.o
#perl Makefile.PL
#make
#popd

pushd interfaces/python
cp /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in .
echo *shared* > Setup
echo _pg pgmodule.c -I../../include -I../libpq -L../libpq -lpq -lcrypt >> Setup
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
make
popd
popd

make all PGDOCS=unpacked -C doc

pushd src/test
make all
popd

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/{include/pgsql,lib,bin}
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/%{_arch}-linux/auto/Pg
make POSTGRESDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr -C src install
#make POSTGRESDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr -C src/man install
make POSTGRESDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr -C src/interfaces/perl5 install

# pl/perl....
#make POSTGRESDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr -C src/pl/plperl install
#cp -v src/pl/plperl/libperl.so $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/

# Get rid of the packing list generated by the perl Makefile, and build my own...
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5 -name .packlist -exec rm -f {} \;
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5 -type f -print | \
    sed -e "s|$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/|/|g"  | \
    sed -e "s|.*/man/.*|&\*|" > perlfiles.list
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5 -type d -name Pg -print | \
    sed -e "s|$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/|%dir /|g" >> perlfiles.list
make -C doc
#make -C doc man
# Newer man pages from Thomas Lockhart
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}
tar xzf $RPM_BUILD_DIR/postgresql-%{version}/doc/man.tar.gz

# the postgresql-dump manpage.....
cp %{SOURCE12} man1
# bzip2 all manpages
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir} -type f -name "*.?" -exec bzip2 -9 {} \;
popd

# Move all includes beneath /usr/include/pgsql.
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include
rm -rf pgsql/*
for f in *.h access commands executor iodbc lib libpq libpq++ port utils ; do
     mv $f pgsql
done
popd

# copy over the includes needed for SPI development.
pushd src/include
/lib/cpp -M -I. -I../backend executor/spi.h |xargs -n 1|grep \\W|grep -v ^/|grep -v spi.h | sort |cpio -pdu
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/pgsql
# thank you, cpio....

#fixup directory permissions for SPI stuff...
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/pgsql
chmod 755 access catalog executor lib nodes parser rewrite storage tcop utils
popd

popd

# Move all templates/examples beneath /usr/lib/pgsql
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib
  mkdir -p pgsql
  mv *.source *.sample *.description pgsql
popd

# Get interface-specific tests and examples, and stuff under /usr/lib/pgsql
pushd src/interfaces
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/perl5
cp -a perl5/test.pl perl5/eg $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/perl5
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/python
cp -a python/tutorial $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/python
popd

# Get example odbcinst.ini and put in /usr/lib/pgsql
mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/odbcinst.ini $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql

# pgaccess installation
pushd src/bin
install -m 755 pgaccess/pgaccess $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/pgaccess
install -m 644 pgaccess/main.tcl $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/pgaccess
tar cf - pgaccess/lib pgaccess/images | tar xf - -C $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
cp -a pgaccess/doc/html   ../../doc/pgaccess
cp    pgaccess/demo/*.sql ../../doc/pgaccess
popd

# Python
pushd src/interfaces/python
# Makefile.pre.in doesn't yet support .py files anyway, so we stick to a manual installation
  mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages
  install -m 755 _pgmodule.so *.py $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/
popd

# Java/JDBC
# We know that JDK1.2 is pre-beta at this time, so install the JDK1.1-compatible driver
# as well as the JDK1.2 compatible driver.
# The user will have to set a CLASSPATH to find it here, but not sure where else to put it...
# Install 6.5 JDBC jars for now.
install -m 755 %{SOURCE1} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
install -m 755 %{SOURCE2} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/`basename %{SOURCE1}`
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/`basename %{SOURCE2}`
# Install 7.0 JDBC jars -- in addition to, not replacing 6.5 stuff yet.
install -m 755 %{SOURCE10} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
install -m 755 %{SOURCE11} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/`basename %{SOURCE10}`
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/`basename %{SOURCE11}`

chmod 644 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}/*/*
chmod +x $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/lib*.so.*
install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d
install -m 755 %{SOURCE3} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql.bz2
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql.bz2

# Move the PL's to the right place
mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pl*.so $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql

# PGDATA needs removal of group and world permissions due to pg_pwd hole.
install -d -m 700 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/lib/pgsql/data

# Initial pg_options
install -m 700 %{SOURCE9} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_options.bz2
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_options.bz2

# backups of data go here...
install -d -m 700 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/lib/pgsql/backups

# tests. There are many files included here that are unnecessary, but include
# them anyway for completeness.

cp -a src/test $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
install -m 0755 src/config.guess $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql
install -m 0755 contrib/spi/refint.so $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress
install -m 0755 contrib/spi/autoinc.so $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress

# Upgrade scripts.
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
tar xyf %{SOURCE7}
popd

#logrotate script source (which needs WORK)
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/logrotate.d
cp %{SOURCE8} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/logrotate.d/postgres.bz2
bzip2 -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/logrotate.d/postgres.bz2
chmod 0700 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/logrotate.d/postgres

# Fix some more documentation
# no need for the OS2 client
rm -rf contrib/os2client
gzip doc/internals.ps
cp %{SOURCE6} README.rpm.bz2
bzip2 -d README.rpm.bz2

# Symlink libpq.so.2.0 to libpq.so.2.1
pushd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib
ln -s libpq.so.2.1 libpq.so.2.0
popd

# move a perl man page which ends up in a weird place - sometimes

if [ -a $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/Pg.3  ]
then
    mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/man3
    mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/Pg.3 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/man3/
    bzip2 -9 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/*/*
    rm -fr  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/perl5/man/$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
    perl -pi -e "s@man/usr/@man/man3/@" $RPM_BUILD_DIR/postgresql-%{version}/perlfiles.list
fi

# remove perllocal.pod from the file list - only occurs with 5.6

perl -pi -e "s/^.*perllocal.pod$//" perlfiles.list

# Strip 'em all
strip $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin/* || :

%pre
# Need to make backups of some executables if an upgrade
# They will be needed to do a dump of the old version's database.
# All output redirected to /dev/null.

if [ $1 -gt 1 ]
then
   mkdir -p /usr/lib/pgsql/backup > /dev/null
   pushd /usr/bin > /dev/null
   cp -fp postmaster postgres pg_dump pg_dumpall psql /usr/lib/pgsql/backup > /dev/null
   popd > /dev/null
   pushd /usr/lib > /dev/null
   cp -fp libpq.* /usr/lib/pgsql/backup > /dev/null
   popd > /dev/null
fi

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%pre server
useradd -M -o -r -d /var/lib/pgsql -s /bin/bash \
    -c "PostgreSQL Server" -u 26 postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
touch /var/log/postgresql
chown postgres.postgres /var/log/postgresql
chmod 0700 /var/log/postgresql

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig server

%preun server
if [ $1 = 0 ] ; then
    chkconfig --del postgresql
fi

%postun server
/sbin/ldconfig
if [ $1 = 0 ] ; then
    userdel postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig odbc
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig odbc

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig tcl
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig tcl

#%post -p /sbin/ldconfig plperl
#%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig plperl

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
rm -f perlfiles.list

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc doc/FAQ doc/FAQ_Linux doc/README*
%doc COPYRIGHT README HISTORY doc/bug.template doc/FAQ_Linux
%doc contrib doc/unpacked/*
# %doc doc/*.ps.gz
# %doc howto
%doc README.rpm
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libpq.so*
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libecpg.so*
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libpq++.so*
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libpgeasy.so*
/usr/bin/createdb
/usr/bin/createlang
/usr/bin/createuser
/usr/bin/dropdb
/usr/bin/droplang
/usr/bin/dropuser
/usr/bin/pg_dump
/usr/bin/pg_dumpall
/usr/bin/pg_id
/usr/bin/psql
/usr/bin/vacuumdb
%{_mandir}/man1/createdb.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/createlang.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/createuser.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/dropdb.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/droplang.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/dropuser.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pg_dump.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pg_dumpall.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/psql.1*
%{_mandir}/manl/*

%files server
%defattr(-,root,root)
%config /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql
/etc/logrotate.d/postgres
/usr/bin/initdb
/usr/bin/initlocation
/usr/bin/ipcclean
/usr/bin/pg_ctl
/usr/bin/pg_encoding
/usr/bin/pg_passwd
/usr/bin/pg_upgrade
/usr/bin/pg_version
/usr/bin/postgres
/usr/bin/postgresql-dump
/usr/bin/postmaster
%{_mandir}/man1/initdb.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/initlocation.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/ipcclean.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pg_ctl.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pgadmin.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pg_passwd.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/postgres.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/postmaster.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pg_upgrade.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/vacuumdb.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/postgresql-dump.1*
/usr/lib/pgsql/global1.bki.source
/usr/lib/pgsql/global1.description
/usr/lib/pgsql/local1_template1.bki.source
/usr/lib/pgsql/local1_template1.description
/usr/lib/pgsql/*.sample
/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so
%attr(700,postgres,postgres) %dir /usr/lib/pgsql/backup
/usr/lib/pgsql/backup/pg_dumpall_new
%attr(700,postgres,postgres) %dir /var/lib/pgsql/data
%attr(700,postgres,postgres) /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_options
%attr(700,postgres,postgres) %dir /var/lib/pgsql/backups

%files devel
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/include/pgsql
/usr/bin/ecpg
/usr/lib/lib*.a
%{_mandir}/man1/ecpg.1*

%files tcl
%defattr(-,root,root)
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so*
/usr/bin/pgtclsh
%{_mandir}/man1/pgtclsh.1*
/usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so

%files tk
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc doc/pgaccess/*
/usr/lib/pgsql/pgaccess
/usr/bin/pgaccess
/usr/bin/pgtksh
%{_mandir}/man1/pgaccess.1*
%{_mandir}/man1/pgtksh.1*

%files odbc
%defattr(-,root,root)
%attr(755,root,root) /usr/lib/libpsqlodbc.so*
/usr/lib/pgsql/odbcinst.ini

%files -f perlfiles.list perl
%dir /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/%{_arch}-linux/auto
/usr/lib/pgsql/perl5

#%files plperl
#/usr/lib/pgsql/plperl.so
#/usr/lib/libperl.so

%files python
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/_pgmodule.so
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/*.py
/usr/lib/pgsql/python

%files jdbc
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc6.5-1.1.jar
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc6.5-1.2.jar
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.1.jar
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

%files test
%defattr(-,postgres,postgres)
%attr(755,postgres,postgres)/usr/lib/pgsql/config.guess
/usr/lib/pgsql/test/*

%changelog
* Thu Jun 15 2000 Jan Dittberner <jan@jan-dittberner.de>
- 7.0.2-2mdk
- patched for Mandrake
- bzip2´ed all sources and manpages

* Mon Jun 12 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0.2-2
- Corrected misreporting of version.
- Corrected for non-root build clean script.

* Mon Jun 05 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0.2
- Postgresql-dump manpage to man1, and to separate source file to facilitate
-- _mandir macro expansion correctness.
- NOTE: The PostScript documentation is no longer being included in the
-- PostgreSQL tarball.  If demand is such, I will pull together a
-- postgresql-ps-docs subpackage or pull in the PostScript docs into the
-- main package.
- RPM patchset has release number, now, to prevent patchfile confusion :-(.

* Sat Jun 03 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- Incorporate most of Trond´s changes (reenabled the alpha
-- patches, as it was a packaging error on my part).
- Trimmed changelog history to Version 7.0beta1 on. To see the
-- previous changelog, grab the 6.5.3 RPM from RedHat 6.2 and pull the spec.
- Rev to 7.0.1 (which incorporates the syslog patch, which has
-- been removed from rpm-pgsql-7.0.1-1.patch)

* Fri May 26 2000 Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg@redhat.com>
- disable the alpha patch, as it doesn´t apply cleanly
- removed distribution, packager, vendor
- renamed spec file
- don´t build pl-perl
- use %%{_mandir}
- now includes vacuumdb.1*

* Thu May 25 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0-3
- Incorporated Tatsuo´s syslog segmentation patches
- Incorporated some of Trond´s changes (see below)
-- Fixed some Perl 5.6 oddness in Rawhide
- Incorporated some of Karl´s changes (see below)
-- PL/Perl should now work.
- Fixed missing /usr/bin/pg_passwd.

* Mon May 22 2000 Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@infoplease.com>
- 7.0-2.1
- make plperl module (works for linux i386, your guess for other platforms)
- use "make COPT=" because postgreSQL configusre script ignores CFLAGS

* Sat May 20 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0-2
- pg_options default values changed.
- SPI headers (again!) fixed in a permanent manner  -- hopefully!
- Alpha patches!

* Wed May 17 2000 Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg@redhat.com>
- changed bug in including man pages

* Tue May 16 2000 Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg@redhat.com>
- changed buildroot, removed packager, vendor, distribution
-- [Left all but buildroot as-is for PostgreSQL.org RPMS. LRO]
- don´t strip in package [strip in PostgreSQL.org RPMS]
- fix perl weirdnesses (man page in bad location, remove
  perllocal.pod from file list)

* Mon May 15 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0 final -1
- Man pages restructured
- Changed README.rpm notices about BETA
- incorporated minor changes from testing
- still no 7.0 final alpha patches -- for -2 or -3, I guess.
- 7.0 JDBC jars!

* Sat May 06 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0RC5-0.5
- UserID of 26 to conform to RedHat Standard, instead of 40.  This only
-- is for new installs -- upgrades will use what was already there.
- Waiting on built jar´s of JDBC.  If none are forthcoming by release,
-- I´m going to have to bite the bullet and install the jdk....

* Mon May 01 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0RC2-0.5
- Fixed /usr/src/redhat/BUILD path to $RPM_BUILD_DIR for portability
-- and so that RPM´s can be built by non-root.
- Minor update to README.rpm

* Tue Apr 18 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 0.6
- Fixed patchset: wasn´t patching pgaccess or -i in postmaster.opts.default
- minor update to README.rpm

* Mon Apr 17 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0RC1-0.5 (release candidate 1.)
- Fixed SPI header directories´ permisssions.
- Removed packaging of Alpha patches until Ryan releases RC1-tested set.

* Mon Apr 10 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0beta5-0.1 (released instead of the release candidate)

* Sat Apr 08 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0beta4-0.2 (pre-release-candidate CVS checkout)
- Alpha patches!
- pg_options.sample

* Fri Mar 24 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.0beta3-0.1

* Mon Feb 28 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- Release 0.3
- Fixed stderr redir problem in init script
- Init script now uses pg_ctl to start postmaster
- Packaged inital pg_options for good logging
- built with timestamped logging.

* Tue Feb 22 2000 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- Initial 7.0beta1 build
- Moved PGDATA to /var/lib/pgsql/data
- First stab at logging and logrotate functionality -- test carefully!
- -tcl subpackage split -- tcl client and pltcl lang separated from
-- the Tk stuff.  PgAccess and the tk client are now in the -tk subpackage.
- No patches for Alpha as yet.

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Jan Dittberner wrote:
> - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed
> - extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
> - bzip2 all man pages

You know, I wonder why Mandrake is insisting on bzip2'ing everything.
Can you point me to Mandrake's packaging policy statement, please?

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11

Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> Lamar, would it be possible to carry (some of) these differences in the
> same spec file? *So much* is in common that it would be nice to have the
> info together. But in either case, this is great progress. Thanks Jan!

Thomas, could you or Jan (Dittberner) send me a tarball of the mandrake
/usr/lib/rpm directory, in particular, any files that start with 'brp-'?

This will help things.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio