Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'?  I'm curious if Mandrake
> > is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
> > Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
> > a conditional.
> >
> Here it is:
> -14: __bzip2    %{_bzip2bin}
> -14: __gzip     %{_gzipbin}
> -14: _bzip2bin  /usr/bin/bzip2
> -14: _gzipbin   /bin/gzip

Can't use them... :-(

> -14: _vendor    mandrake

But I _can_ use this.  RedHat sets this, predictably, to redhat.  Most
other things are easy -- there are macros for nearly everything you need
that hide all details (such as the /usr/src/redhat versus /usr/src/RPM
and others deal).

Thus, Thomas, to answer your question -- YES, we can have a single spec
file do both systems.  Just some conditionals, and judicious use of the
defined macros and envvars.

And this is why I need the rpm --showrc results with spec file diffs (or
examples)... :-).

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio