Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > > For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
> > > important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
> > > and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
> > > Mandrake's web site.

> > Yes!  Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
> I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
> I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.
> - pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed
> - extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
> - bzip2 all man pages
> That's all, I will upload the SRPM to the Mandrake incoming directory
> in the later evening and will notify Lenny Cartier (MandrakeSoft).

Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'?  I'm curious if Mandrake
is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
a conditional.

Thanks for the rebuild and the spec!

--
Lamar Owen