Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
Can I get comments on this?  Is a bit type something we want installed
by default, or in contrib?  Seems to me it should be in the main tree.

> Hi,
>
>     here is a new version of the bitmask type. It supports hash-indices as
> well now, and fixes a bug in the definition of the <> operator.
>
> I would appreciate it if somebody more knowledgable than myself would
> look over the index definitions. They seem to work and are used by
> postgres, so I guess they can't be all wrong. The hashing function is
> the same as that for char's and comes straight out of the postgres
> source code.
>
> BTW, chapter 36 of the documentation could do with some additions, but I
> don't feel knowledgable enough to attempt it. E.g. it shows how to put
> an entry for the hashing into pg_amop, but never explains how to define
> the entry in pg_amproc and doesn't tell you that you need to define a
> separate hashing function. It took me a while of looking through the
> other definitions and digging through the source code to come up with a
> best guess.
>
> Perhaps this could go into the contrib area if it passes muster, as it
> is an example of a user-defined type with indices.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adriaan

[application/x-gzip is not supported, skipping...]

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Can I get comments on this?  Is a bit type something we want installed
> by default, or in contrib?  Seems to me it should be in the main tree.

first...what is a bitmask type? :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Can I get comments on this?  Is a bit type something we want installed
> > by default, or in contrib?  Seems to me it should be in the main tree.
>
> first...what is a bitmask type? :)

In this case just a single byte in which you can store states quite
easily. It supports the C-style bit operations & (and) ,| (or, couldn't
get it defined as a single bar though, because the parser didn't like
it) ,^ (xor),! (not). For some applications it is just easier to check
whether certain bits are set/not set.

If somebody tells me what needs doing, I could try to get it all into a
more usable format. And I have no clue what SQL3 says about bit-types
(varying bits or something or other?) At the moment it is just a single
byte, and perhaps it needs extension to 2 byte, 4-byte types.

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > > Can I get comments on this?  Is a bit type something we want installed
> > > by default, or in contrib?  Seems to me it should be in the main tree.
> In this case just a single byte in which you can store states quite
> easily. It supports the C-style bit operations & (and) ,| (or, couldn't
> get it defined as a single bar though, because the parser didn't like
> it) ,^ (xor),! (not). For some applications it is just easier to check
> whether certain bits are set/not set.

As long as it is limited to a single byte, perhaps it should prove
itself in contrib. However, SQL92 has bit types, and it would be nice
to get full support for them (and beyond, as this already is doing :)

> If somebody tells me what needs doing, I could try to get it all into a
> more usable format. And I have no clue what SQL3 says about bit-types
> (varying bits or something or other?) At the moment it is just a single
> byte, and perhaps it needs extension to 2 byte, 4-byte types.

I don't have time right now to type up a short summary, but can do
that later if you like. But the data entry for an SQL92 bit type looks
like
 B'10111' X'17'

The underlying data type is BIT(n), a fixed-length type where n is the
exact number of bits. BIT VARYING (n) allows a variable number of bits
(duh!) up to n bits. We can support these SQL92 constructs in the
parser, folding them into an internal type as we do for character
strings currently.

It could be implemented just like the character types, having a header
on the internal representation which holds the length. It can't re-use
the character type support functions as-is, since they currently
consider a zero byte in the string as end-of-string.
                        - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert

> I don't have time right now to type up a short summary, but can do
> that later if you like. But the data entry for an SQL92 bit type looks
> like
>
>   B'10111'
>   X'17'
>
> The underlying data type is BIT(n), a fixed-length type where n is the
> exact number of bits. BIT VARYING (n) allows a variable number of bits
> (duh!) up to n bits. We can support these SQL92 constructs in the
> parser, folding them into an internal type as we do for character
> strings currently.
>
> It could be implemented just like the character types, having a header
> on the internal representation which holds the length. It can't re-use
> the character type support functions as-is, since they currently
> consider a zero byte in the string as end-of-string.

OK, I'll have a go at this as I get a chance. If somebody has the SQL
standard on line and could send me the appropriate sections I would
appreciate it.

As I know very little about the postgres internals I would also
appreciate a short roadmap as to what needs to be done where, i.e. does
the parser need to be changed, and where the files are /new files hsould
go that I need to update. If this is somewhere in the docs please point
me to it.

What I've found upto now is

backend/utils/adt/varlena.c
backend/utils/adt/varchar.c

which I will use as starting point?

I found the file src/backend/lib/bit.c (Bruce's according to the log
message). Has that got anything to do with bit arrays?

Cheers,

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> OK, I'll have a go at this as I get a chance. If somebody has the SQL
> standard on line and could send me the appropriate sections I would
> appreciate it.

I have a text version of the SQL92 draft standard. Let me know if you
want the whole thing.

> As I know very little about the postgres internals I would also
> appreciate a short roadmap as to what needs to be done where, i.e. does
> the parser need to be changed, and where the files are /new files hsould
> go that I need to update. If this is somewhere in the docs please point
> me to it.
> What I've found upto now is
> backend/utils/adt/varlena.c
> backend/utils/adt/varchar.c
> which I will use as starting point?

That's probably the right place to look. I'll help with the parser
issues; the first thing to do is to figure out the appropriate
behavior and implement the underlying types. Then we can modify the
parser (backend/parser/gram.y) to support SQL92->Postgres internal
type syntax, just as is done for char and numeric types.

> I found the file src/backend/lib/bit.c (Bruce's according to the log
> message). Has that got anything to do with bit arrays?

Yes it does, but not as a user-accessible type. btw, if you go by the
cvs logs, Bruce owns *every* file in the tree since he does wholesale
reformatting on files; in this case the code has been there since the
beginning.

Looks like it might be a good start at some underlying utilities for
what you want though, and it is OK to reuse them.
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Thomas asked how I was going to implement bitstring comparisons.

> How do you handle the length and ordering issues? Is x'01' greater
> than x'1' since it is longer? And if you have a 16-bit bit column, how
> does it look internally if you assign x'01' rather than x'0001'?

I had a look in my freshly down-loaded draft standard. On page 336 it
says:
        7) The comparison of two bit string values, X and Y, is
determined           by comparison of their bits with the same ordinal position.           If Xi and Yi are the values
ofthe i-th bits of X and Y,           respectively, and if LX is the length in bits of X and LY is           the length
inbits of Y, then:

           a) X is equal to Y if and only if X = LY and Xi = Yi for all
i.

? I presume this should be 'LX=LY' ?? Anyway, this means that b'01' <>
b'0010'.
           b) X is less than Y if and only if:
             i) LX < LY and Xi = Yi for all i less than or equal to LX;
or
            ii) Xi = Yi for all i < n and Xn = 0 and Yn = 1 for some n
less                than or equal to the minimum of LX and LY.

b) seems to imply, rather bizarrely in my opinion, that
B'001100' < B'10'
  as the second bit in B'10' is 1 and in B'001100' it is 0.
  Surely I must be reading this wrong?
  On the other hand, this would be a type of lexicographical ordering,
so   perhaps it is not so dumb. Comments?

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Adriaan Joubert wrote:

> b) seems to imply, rather bizarrely in my opinion, that
>
>         B'001100' < B'10'

Maybe you start counting from the wrong end ?

Just use them as you use char()

'AABBAA' < 'BA'

Does it say something in the standard about direction,
is it left-> right or right->left ?

------------
Hannu

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Adriaan Joubert wrote:
> >
> > b) seems to imply, rather bizarrely in my opinion, that
> >
> >         B'001100' < B'10'
> >
> Maybe you start counting from the wrong end ?
>
> Just use them as you use char()
>
> 'AABBAA' < 'BA'
>
> Does it say something in the standard about direction,
> is it left-> right or right->left ?

No, not that I could find. But in the above example B'001100' < B'10'
whichever end you start counting from, as 1>0. I have no particularly
strong opinion on which way round it should be done -- perhaps we should
just try to be consistent with other databases? Could somebody who has
access to Oracle or Sybase please do a few tests and let me know?

A second problem I encountered last night is that the postgres variable
length types only allow for the length of an array to be stored in
bytes. This means that the number of bits will automatically always be
rounded up to the nearest factor of 8, i.e. you want tp store 3 bits and
you get 8. For ordering and output this is not always going to produce
the correct output, as the bitstrings will get zero-padded. Is there
anywhere else where one could store the exact length of a bit string?
I haven't quite understood what the variable attypmod is. In varchar.c
it looks as if it is the length of the record, but if it is just an
integer identifier, then I could store the exact length in there. In
that case I could handle the difference between 3 and 5 bit strings
correctly. My main worry was that this might be used in other routines
to determine the length of a record.

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
José Soares
Дата:
Adriaan Joubert ha scritto:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >
> > Adriaan Joubert wrote:
> > >
> > > b) seems to imply, rather bizarrely in my opinion, that
> > >
> > >         B'001100' < B'10'
> > >
> > Maybe you start counting from the wrong end ?
> >
> > Just use them as you use char()
> >
> > 'AABBAA' < 'BA'
> >
> > Does it say something in the standard about direction,
> > is it left-> right or right->left ?
>
> No, not that I could find. But in the above example B'001100' < B'10'
> whichever end you start counting from, as 1>0. I have no particularly
> strong opinion on which way round it should be done -- perhaps we should
> just try to be consistent with other databases? Could somebody who has
> access to Oracle or Sybase please do a few tests and let me know?

Oracle doesn't have this data type neither Informix. I think it is hard to
find this data type in any database.
I found this feature in the OCELOT database
You can download it from:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/OCELOTSQL/
As they say:
"Ocelot makes the only Database Management System (DBMS) that supports the
full ANSI / ISO
SQL Standard (1992), and an always-growing checklist of SQL3 features (also
known as SQL-99)."

A second problem I encountered last night is that the postgres variable

> length types only allow for the length of an array to be stored in
> bytes. This means that the number of bits will automatically always be
> rounded up to the nearest factor of 8, i.e. you want tp store 3 bits and
> you get 8. For ordering and output this is not always going to produce
> the correct output, as the bitstrings will get zero-padded. Is there
> anywhere else where one could store the exact length of a bit string?
>
>  I haven't quite understood what the variable attypmod is. In varchar.c
> it looks as if it is the length of the record, but if it is just an
> integer identifier, then I could store the exact length in there. In
> that case I could handle the difference between 3 and 5 bit strings
> correctly. My main worry was that this might be used in other routines
> to determine the length of a record.
>
> Adriaan
>
> ************

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> A second problem I encountered last night is that the postgres variable
> length types only allow for the length of an array to be stored in
> bytes. This means that the number of bits will automatically always be
> rounded up to the nearest factor of 8, i.e. you want tp store 3 bits and
> you get 8. For ordering and output this is not always going to produce
> the correct output, as the bitstrings will get zero-padded. Is there
> anywhere else where one could store the exact length of a bit string?

attypmod has been modified recently to contain two fields (each of 16
bits) in a backward-compatible way. It can hold the size *and*
precision of the numeric data types, and presumably should be used in
a similar manner for your bit type.

The problem is that you need another field which contains a length in
bit units. Assuming that the second field in attypmod can't be used
for this purpose, then istm that you will want to add a field to the
data type itself. The character types have:
 length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes) data   - body

and you might have
 length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes) blen   - total size of data, in bits (4 bytes) data   - body
                   - Thomas
South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:
> A second problem I encountered last night is that the postgres variable
> length types only allow for the length of an array to be stored in
> bytes. This means that the number of bits will automatically always be
> rounded up to the nearest factor of 8, i.e. you want tp store 3 bits and
> you get 8. For ordering and output this is not always going to produce
> the correct output, as the bitstrings will get zero-padded. Is there
> anywhere else where one could store the exact length of a bit string?

You will need to put it right in the string, I think.  You could
dedicate the first byte of the value of a bitstring (after the required
varlena length word) to indicating how many bits in the last byte are
wasted padding (0-7).  That would leave a few spare bits in this header
byte that might or might not have any good use.

> I haven't quite understood what the variable attypmod is. In varchar.c
> it looks as if it is the length of the record, but if it is just an
> integer identifier, then I could store the exact length in there. In
> that case I could handle the difference between 3 and 5 bit strings
> correctly. My main worry was that this might be used in other routines
> to determine the length of a record.

atttypmod is a type-specific modifier: if you are developing a new data
type then you can define it any way you darn please.  However, it's not
quite as useful as it first appears, because it is only stored in
connection with a column of a table --- there is no atttypmod associated
with the result of a function, for example.  It is primarily useful if
you want to be able to coerce values into a common subformat when they
are stored into a column.  For example, fixed-length char(n) types use
atttypmod as the column width so that they can pad or truncate a
supplied string to the right length just before storing.  But a
free-standing string value does not have an atttypmod, only a length.
Similar remarks apply to NUMERIC, which uses atttypmod to store the
desired precision for a column, but not to figure out the actual
precision of a value in memory.  In short, your datatype representation
needs to be self-identifying without help from atttypmod.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> attypmod has been modified recently to contain two fields (each of 16
> bits) in a backward-compatible way. It can hold the size *and*
> precision of the numeric data types, and presumably should be used in
> a similar manner for your bit type.
>
> The problem is that you need another field which contains a length in
> bit units. Assuming that the second field in attypmod can't be used
> for this purpose, then istm that you will want to add a field to the
> data type itself. The character types have:
>
>   length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes)
>   data   - body
>
> and you might have
>
>   length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes)
>   blen   - total size of data, in bits (4 bytes)
>   data   - body

OK, I just saw th email from Tom Lane as well. So I will use attypmod as
the length of the bit string in bits, and use an additional byte, as
suggested here, for the actual length.

Jose recommended looking at the Ocelot database and I got it down. Turns
out they have a real big problem with the output of bit strings, but at
least I could figure out how they do the ordering. Looks as if it is
lexicographically from the least significant bit, i.e.
  B'1' > B'10' > B'1100'

the only surprising thing was that they then have B'1000' > B'01000',
and my reading of the SQL standard says that it should be the other way
round. So I will just do the comparison from the least significant bit.

Cheers,

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
> attypmod has been modified recently to contain two fields (each of 16
> bits) in a backward-compatible way. It can hold the size *and*
> precision of the numeric data types, and presumably should be used in
> a similar manner for your bit type.

You can use a union to split atttypmod up into two 8-bit fields and on
16-bit field.  Let me know if you need help.

> The problem is that you need another field which contains a length in
> bit units. Assuming that the second field in attypmod can't be used
> for this purpose, then istm that you will want to add a field to the
> data type itself. The character types have:
>
>   length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes)
>   data   - body
>
> and you might have
>
>   length - total size of data, in bytes (4 bytes)
>   blen   - total size of data, in bits (4 bytes)
>   data   - body
>
>                     - Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> South Pasadena, California
>
> ************

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Hi,
OK, I've finally gotten round to coding most of the functions for bit
strings. I've got I/O, concatenation, substring and all bit operations
(and, or, xor, not, shift) working on the bitstring data structures. A
few (probably pretty daft) questions (if there is documentation on this
somewhere, please point me to it):

1. In the varchar file there are some functions which I believe are for
the conversion of char(n) to char(m). They take as argument a pointer to
a char() and a len which is the length of the total data structure. I
haven't figured out how conversions are implemented within postgres, but
I would need to transfer the equivalent of an atttypmod value, which
would contain the length of the bit string to do the conversions. Does
this fit in with the way the rest of the system works?
  char * zpbit (char * arg, int32 bitlen)

2. there is a function _bpchar, which has something to do with arrays,
but I can't see how it fits in with everything else.

3. I need to write a hash function for bitstrings. I know nothing about
hash functions, except that they are hard to do well. I looked at the
function for text hashes and that is some weird code (i.e. it took me a
while to figure out what it did). Does anybody have any suggestions
off-hand for a decent hash function for bit strings? Could I just use
the text hash function? (Seems to me text should be different as it
usually draws from a more restricted range than a bit string).

4. Now that I've got the functionality, can somebody give me a rough
roadmap to what I need to change to turn this into a proper postgres
type? As far as I can see I need to assign oid's to it in pg_type.h and
I'll have to have a look at the parser to get it to recognise the types.
It would be a big help though if somebody could tell me what else needs
to change.

Thanks,

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
> 4. Now that I've got the functionality, can somebody give me a rough
> roadmap to what I need to change to turn this into a proper postgres
> type? As far as I can see I need to assign oid's to it in pg_type.h and
> I'll have to have a look at the parser to get it to recognise the types.
> It would be a big help though if somebody could tell me what else needs
> to change.

I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:
> 1. In the varchar file there are some functions which I believe are for
> the conversion of char(n) to char(m). They take as argument a pointer to
> a char() and a len which is the length of the total data structure. I
> haven't figured out how conversions are implemented within postgres, but
> I would need to transfer the equivalent of an atttypmod value, which
> would contain the length of the bit string to do the conversions.

bpchar(), for example, is actually a user-callable SQL function; it
takes a char(n) value and an atttypmod value and coerces the string
to the right length for that atttypmod.  Although there are no *direct*
references to bpchar() anywhere except in pg_proc, the parser's
SizeTargetExpr routine nonetheless generates calls to it as part of
INSERT and UPDATE queries:

/** SizeTargetExpr()** If the target column type possesses a function named for the type* and having parameter
signature(columntype, int4), we assume that* the type requires coercion to its own length and that the said* function
shouldbe invoked to do that.** Currently, "bpchar" (ie, char(N)) is the only such type, but try* to be more general
thana hard-wired test...*/

So, if you want to implement a fixed-length BIT(N) type, the only
real difference between that and an any-width bitstring is the existence
of a coercion function matching SizeTargetExpr's criteria.

BTW, the last line of that comment is in error --- "varchar" also has a
function matching SizeTargetExpr's criteria.  Its function behaves
a little differently, since it only truncates and never pads, but
the interface to the system is the same.

> 2. there is a function _bpchar, which has something to do with arrays,
> but I can't see how it fits in with everything else.

Looks like it is the equivalent of bpchar() for arrays of char(N).

> 3. I need to write a hash function for bitstrings. I know nothing about
> hash functions, except that they are hard to do well. I looked at the
> function for text hashes and that is some weird code (i.e. it took me a
> while to figure out what it did).

If you're looking at the type-specific hash functions in hashfunc.c,
I think they are mostly junk.  They could all be replaced by two
functions, one for pass-by-val types and one for pass-by-ref types, a la
the type-independent hashFunc() in nodeHash.c.

The only situation where you really need a type-specific hasher is with
datatypes that have garbage bits in them (such as padding between struct
elements that might contain uninitialized bits).  If you're careful to
make sure that all unused bits are zeroes, so that logically equivalent
values of your type will always have the same bit contents, then you
should be able to just use hashtext().

Actually, unless you feel a compelling need to support hash indexes
on your datatype, you don't need a hash routine at all.  Certainly
getting btree index support should be a higher-priority item.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Sounds great to me...

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > 4. Now that I've got the functionality, can somebody give me a rough
> > roadmap to what I need to change to turn this into a proper postgres
> > type? As far as I can see I need to assign oid's to it in pg_type.h and
> > I'll have to have a look at the parser to get it to recognise the types.
> > It would be a big help though if somebody could tell me what else needs
> > to change.
>
> I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.
>

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
>
> ************

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.

Hi,
Attached are the C-routines that implement a BIT and BIT VARYING type.
I know Bruce said he would integrate them, but he is writing a book at
the moment as well, so if somebody can explain to me how to go about
integrating it, or would like to have a go, go ahead.

If any functions are missing, let me know and I will add them. This
should implement concatenation and substr as defined in the SQL
standard, as well as comparison operators. I've also added all the
normal bit operators.

I developed the C routines outside the postgres source tree, only using
postgres.h and copying bits from ctype.h. I hope it will be fairly easy
to integrate.

Any comments welcome.

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> > everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.
>
> Hi,
>
>     Attached are the C-routines that implement a BIT and BIT VARYING type.
> I know Bruce said he would integrate them, but he is writing a book at
> the moment as well, so if somebody can explain to me how to go about
> integrating it, or would like to have a go, go ahead.

Applied.  I am�embarrassed to say I had a copy from June still in my
mailbox.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

От
Adriaan Joubert
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >

> > > I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> > > everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >       Attached are the C-routines that implement a BIT and BIT VARYING type.
> > I know Bruce said he would integrate them, but he is writing a book at
> > the moment as well, so if somebody can explain to me how to go about
> > integrating it, or would like to have a go, go ahead.
>
> Applied.  I am embarrassed to say I had a copy from June still in my
> mailbox.

Don't be: they've been ready for a while, but I had to recheck them.
When BIT and BIT VARYING are properly integrated, do I need to do
something about regression tests?

Adriaan

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:
> When BIT and BIT VARYING are properly integrated, do I need to do
> something about regression tests?

Please do contribute a regression test for them.  We always need
more regression tests ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

Дата:
> > Applied.  I am embarrassed to say I had a copy from June still in my
> > mailbox.
>
> Don't be: they've been ready for a while, but I had to recheck them.
> When BIT and BIT VARYING are properly integrated, do I need to do
> something about regression tests?

Yes, we will need them to be added to the regression tests.  We can use
your test/ directory as a source for that.

Pennsylvania19026