Обсуждение: Stale porting list?

Stale porting list?

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
The recent report of success for NetBSD-m68k reminded me that there are
a few platforms on our "supported list" which have not had reports of
success for Postgres-v6.4 (or if there were reports I neglected to
update the list).

If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(

DGUX 5.4R4.11-m88k
  Anyone? Former maintainer lost machine

IRIX 6.x-MIPS

linux 2.0.x-Alpha
  Recent progress on Alpha machines; does that include linux?

NetBSD 1.3-VAX
  Tom's machine broke. Anyone else?

SCO UnixWare 2.x
  There is another entry for Unixware 7. Is 2.x obsolete?

SunOS (4.1.4?)
  Is non-Solaris SunOS defunct?

SVR4-m88k

btw, we are currently listing 27 supported platforms, including those
above.

                         - Thomas

Re: [HACKERS] Stale porting list?

Дата:
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
> know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
> to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(

> SunOS (4.1.4?)
>   Is non-Solaris SunOS defunct?

I tested 6.4 on SunOS 4.1.4 and it more or less worked --- no int8
support, and a number of regression tests show differences traceable
to SunOS's atol() failing to report integer overflow.  Stephen Kogge
has been looking into whether it's possible to get rid of those problems
by using pieces of GNU libc, but I dunno whether it's really worth the
trouble.

I did see a more serious problem, a backend coredump in the "opr_sanity"
test.  That's been reported on at least one other platform (cf. message
from Keith Parks on the hackers list, 14-Dec), so I think it may be an
actual portability bug in the 6.4 code.  I do not have the time or
expertise to track it down though.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [PORTS] Stale porting list?

Дата:
> SunOS (4.1.4?)
>   Is non-Solaris SunOS defunct?

I believe this works on 6.4.1.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Stale porting list?

От
"Billy G. Allie"
Дата:
"Thomas G. Lockhart" wrote:
> The recent report of success for NetBSD-m68k reminded me that there are
> a few platforms on our "supported list" which have not had reports of
> success for Postgres-v6.4 (or if there were reports I neglected to
> update the list).
>
> If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
> know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
> to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(
>     [...]
> SCO UnixWare 2.x
>   There is another entry for Unixware 7. Is 2.x obsolete?

I would say that the UnixWare 2.x is obsolete as it stands now.  Most (if not
all) of the changes made for Unixware 7 would apply to UnixWare 2.1 or greater
if the SCO Universal Development Kit (UDK) was used to build it, but I no
longer have the means to test this.

Also, the binary generated by the UDK on UnixWare 7.0 should be able to run
under UnixWare 2.1+ and SCO OpenServer 5.x.  I will obtain the 4.2 tar ball
and generate a binary version (pkgadd format) that can be used to test this.
(I already have someone willing to try the binaries on SCO OpenServer.)

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Вложения