Re: Stale porting list?

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: Stale porting list?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas G. Lockhart" wrote:
> The recent report of success for NetBSD-m68k reminded me that there are
> a few platforms on our "supported list" which have not had reports of
> success for Postgres-v6.4 (or if there were reports I neglected to
> update the list).
>
> If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
> know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
> to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(
>     [...]
> SCO UnixWare 2.x
>   There is another entry for Unixware 7. Is 2.x obsolete?

I would say that the UnixWare 2.x is obsolete as it stands now.  Most (if not
all) of the changes made for Unixware 7 would apply to UnixWare 2.1 or greater
if the SCO Universal Development Kit (UDK) was used to build it, but I no
longer have the means to test this.

Also, the binary generated by the UDK on UnixWare 7.0 should be able to run
under UnixWare 2.1+ and SCO OpenServer 5.x.  I will obtain the 4.2 tar ball
and generate a binary version (pkgadd format) that can be used to test this.
(I already have someone willing to try the binaries on SCO OpenServer.)

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Вложения

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Should I upgrade Postgres?
От: Silvio Emanuel Barbosa de Macedo
Сообщение: Patch 6.4.1 to 6.4.2