Обсуждение: support for ltree

support for ltree

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
I am wondering if the contributed module <ltree> will always be part of Postgres? Do contributed modules ever get absorbed into Postgres itself?

The reason I am asking is that, although ltree seems to have been a contributed module since at least 8.3, how can one know if it will always be part of subsequent versions of Postgres?

Michael Shapiro
Senior Systems Engineer
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)

Re: support for ltree

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
Geometric Data Types have been in PostgreSQL for quite a while.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/datatype-geometric.html

JSON have been in PostgreSQL since 9.2 and it's functionality increases with each new version.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/datatype-json.html

AFAIK, Most of the contributed modules have been changed into EXTENSIONs
Check the /share/contrib  and /share/extension  directories under the PostgreSQL main directory to see what is available for your version.

--
Melvin Davidson

Re: support for ltree

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
Hi Melvin,

Thanks for this response. It still leave my question unanswered. I should rephrase it -- will <ltree> become a native datatype in Postgres (as opposed to remaining an extension). Are there any plans to make <ltree> a native datatype?

Michael

[...]

"David G. Johnston"
Дата: