Обсуждение: password in recovery.conf

password in recovery.conf

От
Nelson Green
Дата:
Hello all,

I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an authentication error. The password is correct because I can copy it from the recovery.conf and supply it when prompted by pg_basebackup, so if I may, what is the proper way to handle single quotes within the conninfo string?

Obviously I can change the password, but we use an automated password generator so I'd like to not have to keep generating passwords, and checking them, until I get one that will work, unless that my only option.

Thanks,
Nelson

Re: password in recovery.conf

От
Bosco Rama
Дата:
On 09/26/14 12:58, Nelson Green wrote:

> I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication
> role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly
> reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it
> will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax
> error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an
> authentication error.

You may have to double it twice -- once for recovery.conf and once for
the actual usage in the connection.

Thus for password abc'123 you would want to use:
   'user=user_name password=abc''''123 host=primary_host'

Or possibly even a combination of doubling and escaping:
   'user=user_name password=abc\''123 host=primary_host'
or:
   'user=user_name password=abc\\''123 host=primary_host'

This is just conjecture.  I don't use this method of recovery myself.

HTH.

Bosco.

Re: password in recovery.conf

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Hi!

Have you tried escape the Single or Double quote? Maybe this information can
help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12316953/insert-varchar-with-single-quotes-in-postgresql
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html

Best Regards!

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
Rozvo Ware Solutions

Re: password in recovery.conf

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/26/2014 12:58 PM, Nelson Green wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication
> role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly
> reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it
> will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax
> error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an
> authentication error. The password is correct because I can copy it from
> the recovery.conf and supply it when prompted by pg_basebackup, so if I
> may, what is the proper way to handle single quotes within the conninfo
> string?

Doubling the quote seems to work here.

aklaver@panda:~> psql 'dbname=test user=test_user password=test''pwd'
psql (9.0.17)
Type "help" for help.

test=>

What is the syntax error you get?

Another option:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/standby-settings.html

  A password needs to be provided too, if the primary demands password
authentication. It can be provided in the primary_conninfo string, or in
a separate ~/.pgpass file on the standby server (use replication as the
database name)

So you might look at setting up a .pgpass
file(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq-pgpass.html)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com