Re: password in recovery.conf

От Bosco Rama
Тема Re: password in recovery.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/26/14 12:58, Nelson Green wrote:

> I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication
> role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly
> reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it
> will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax
> error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an
> authentication error.

You may have to double it twice -- once for recovery.conf and once for
the actual usage in the connection.

Thus for password abc'123 you would want to use:
   'user=user_name password=abc''''123 host=primary_host'

Or possibly even a combination of doubling and escaping:
   'user=user_name password=abc\''123 host=primary_host'
or:
   'user=user_name password=abc\\''123 host=primary_host'

This is just conjecture.  I don't use this method of recovery myself.

HTH.

Bosco.