Re: password in recovery.conf

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: password in recovery.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/26/2014 12:58 PM, Nelson Green wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication
> role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly
> reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it
> will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax
> error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an
> authentication error. The password is correct because I can copy it from
> the recovery.conf and supply it when prompted by pg_basebackup, so if I
> may, what is the proper way to handle single quotes within the conninfo
> string?

Doubling the quote seems to work here.

aklaver@panda:~> psql 'dbname=test user=test_user password=test''pwd'
psql (9.0.17)
Type "help" for help.

test=>

What is the syntax error you get?

Another option:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/standby-settings.html

  A password needs to be provided too, if the primary demands password
authentication. It can be provided in the primary_conninfo string, or in
a separate ~/.pgpass file on the standby server (use replication as the
database name)

So you might look at setting up a .pgpass
file(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq-pgpass.html)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com