Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]

От Nelson Green
Тема Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]
Дата
Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 09/26/2014 12:58 PM, Nelson Green wrote:
Hello all,

I am setting up a streaming replication stand-by, and the replication
role password has a single quote in it. I am unable to properly
reference the password in the conninfo setting of recovery.conf so it
will authenticate to the master. Doubling the quote gives me a syntax
error, and escaping it or quoting it with double-quotes gives me an
authentication error. The password is correct because I can copy it from
the recovery.conf and supply it when prompted by pg_basebackup, so if I
may, what is the proper way to handle single quotes within the conninfo
string?

Doubling the quote seems to work here.

Thanks Bosco, DrakoRod, and Adrian. Between the three of you it became obvious
that I was doing something wrong. And yes, in the end you were right. Doubling
the quote does indeed work.

It turns out it this particular password also had a \ in it, and my console
width wrapped right before it, putting it as the first character on the next
line, where I just didn't notice it until a few minutes ago. I changed that to
a ^ for the time being, and then doubled the quote whereupon it all worked. I
will certainly look into how to escape the backslash too, but that's for next
week at this point.

Apologies for the noise. Just been one of those days.

Thanks,
Nelson