Обсуждение: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Sameer Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I have downloaded the tar source code of PostgreSQL and also the SPEC file. I am trying to use rpmbuild command but I always get below error:

error: Failed build dependencies:
        uuid-devel is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-1PGDG.el6.ppc64
        selinux-policy >= 3.9.13 is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-1PGDG.el6.ppc64
        systemd-units is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-1PGDG.el6.ppc64

I have attached the list of installed packages on my server.

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

you need installed devel packages

Regards

Pavel Stehule

[...]

I tried to install these packages (uuid-devel and systemd-unit) but yum can not locate these packages. I tried to install selinux-policy but I found out that selinux-policy 3.7.19 is already installed and is the latest package available in Red Hat repository (whereas the build process is looking for 3.9.13).

Regards
Sameer

Re: [HACKERS] using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 15:46 +0800, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> I have downloaded the tar source code of PostgreSQL and also the SPEC file.
> I am trying to use rpmbuild command but I always get below error:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         uuid-devel is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-1PGDG.el6.ppc64
>         selinux-policy >= 3.9.13 is needed by
> postgresql92-9.2.6-1PGDG.el6.ppc64

You are not using the correct spec file -- the one you are using is for
Fedora. Use RHEL spec file:

http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo/rpm/redhat/9.2/postgresql/EL-6/

(Also, this email do not belong to -hackers. You don't need to
cross-post here)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 01/20/2014 03:46 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the tar source code of PostgreSQL and also the SPEC
> file. I am trying to use rpmbuild command but I always get below error:

When you mention something you downloaded, also show the URL you
downloaded it from.

In this case, since it's about package building, we'd kind of need to
know the operating system and version you are running on too. Though
that's guessable from the package list.

Rather than attempting to build PostgreSQL packages, why not use the
existing PGDG packages from http://yum.postgresql.org/ for RHEL / CentOS 6?

If you need to patch them, then you should be able to just "yum install
yum-utils", "yumdownloader --source postgres" to get the srpm, "rpm -i"
the srpm into your ~/RPMBUILD directory, and make any appropriate
modifications before rebuilding.

Re: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 17:05 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Rather than attempting to build PostgreSQL packages, why not use the
> existing PGDG packages from http://yum.postgresql.org/ for RHEL /
> CentOS 6?

I think Sameer is working on a ppc build, which we do not support (yet,
at least).

> If you need to patch them, then you should be able to just "yum
> install yum-utils", "yumdownloader --source postgres" to get the srpm,
> "rpm -i" the srpm into your ~/RPMBUILD directory, and make any
> appropriate modifications before rebuilding.

For the archives: It should be

yumdownloader --enablerepo=pgdg92-source postgresql92

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Sameer Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks everyone for your help!

I am trying to build on ppc and also trying to play with a few other parameters e.g. segment size and pagesize.

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения

Re: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Sameer Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I still get issues with uuid-devel.

[root@pflex75 SOURCES]# rpmbuild -ba postgresql-9.2.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        uuid-devel is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-2PGDG.el6.ppc64

On googling a bit I found that uuid-devel is  libuuid-devel on RHEL (is that the case?). I have below packages:

[root@pflex75 SOURCES]# yum install *uuid*
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, security, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
Setting up Install Process
Package uuidd-2.17.2-12.9.el6.ppc64 already installed and latest version
Package libuuid-2.17.2-12.9.el6.ppc64 already installed and latest version
Package libuuid-devel-2.17.2-12.9.el6.ppc64 already installed and latest version
Package uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.ppc64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

So I changed the requires parameter from uuid-devel to libuuid-devel (which I have reverted back now) and tried rpmbuild. I got below error:

checking for uuid_export in -lossp-uuid... no
checking for uuid_export in -luuid... no
configure: error: library 'ossp-uuid' or 'uuid' is required for OSSP-UUID
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.O9zMnW (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.O9zMnW (%build)

Apologies for earlier cross posting to Hackers thread.

Re: using rpmbuild with PostgreSQL 9.2.6 source code

От
Boszormenyi Zoltan
Дата:

> I still get issues with uuid-devel.
>
> [root@pflex75 SOURCES]# rpmbuild -ba postgresql-9.2.spec
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         uuid-devel is needed by postgresql92-9.2.6-2PGDG.el6.ppc64
>

> On googling a bit I found that uuid-devel is  libuuid-devel on RHEL (is that the case?).
> I have below packages:

Both exist. libuuid[-devel] is part of util-linux, uuid[-devel] is a standalone library
with a different API.
This is from Fedora 20:

$ rpm -q libuuid-devel uuid-devel
libuuid-devel-2.24-2.fc20.x86_64
uuid-devel-1.6.2-21.fc20.x86_64

You need to install uuid-devel, this is the one needed for building PostgreSQL.

http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/Packages/ carries both
uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64.rpm
and
uuid-devel-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64.rpm

You just need to find a mirror that has ppc64 packages.